Thread: rx vs v1

Radar Fanatic

Default rx vs v1

now i have a semi old v..like 3.821 i think and thats my dads and i use it all the time but i would like my own..i did buy a rx65 the other day but that was for my friend because i owed him money and he had wanted it...

so basically i am considering betweeen obviousl the best two, the rx and new v1.. i was just wondering if i do chose the v1 will this E display be a problem making me want to have gotten the 65?

Professional

Get the V-1 as I think the E is a very, very minor thing. That wont stop me one bit

Newcomer

I've had the 'e' code on my v1, I'd still get it. If it turns out to be a problem, I'm sure they'll (v1) will do right by me.

Dave

Professional

Well...it depends on what you want... Is Ka band your number 1 priority or K band? How about laser?

I own both and I can tell you that my RX65 performs better on Ka band...but I can also tell you my V1 performs better on K band. I can also tell you that the V1 is more durable the any Belscort on the market. The V1 can withstand a lot more punishment(I.E. HEAT) then the RX65.

Not a big issue with me because I baby my RD's anyway. Keep in mind...Are the arrows something you want? Also...the extra 80 to 100 dollars you spend on a V1 is not for the performance (IMO) it is for the extra antenna facing rear(for the arrows) and the case it is in.

The RX65 and V1 are very close in performance with the exception of laser detection which the V1 spanks the azz of any RD out there on this

Professional

I agree with the above post. It's all in what you're looking for. And yes, V1 is definately top peformer with laser detection and definately more durable with the metal case as opposed to plastic. The arrows are nice, but are you willing to pay an extra $100 for them? (I am) Radar detection is pretty similar between the 3.

If you decide to go for the RX, buy from Roy...

Professional

I would also consider where you plan on using it the most. if I lived in a metro area, maybe the V1 would have been my choice. For rural and highway driving that I do, I could not imagine having a detector without the arrows and highly visible threat counter.

Do what I did, spend several hours/days finding every detector review on the web that you can find, read fully, and decide for yourself.

The veil guy has an interesting read on a roadtrip comparison he did between the top 3 units. But do not take it to heart as the tell-all end-all on detecotrs because he did run multiple units at the same time which can lead to decreased sensitivity and falses from the other units.