Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default got ticket with V1

yeah 86 in a 60 :twisted: :twisted:

i was on my home from Atalanta, ga, and i was behind some guy that can't drive.... he would go from 50mph to 60 and back down all over the place, i couldn't set my cruise and my foot was getting tired......

the road was a long twisty back road with little passing areas

finally there was a long passing area around a corner, and then a hill at the end (the corner was very very long and legal to pass on)

as soon as i try to go out around him the ass speeds up, WTF i had already committed and right as soon as i started to get over FULL KA BAND no burp or anything

i look up and seen the LEO at the top of the hill

My guess is he came over the hill seen me passing in the rental car and flipped on the radar :cry:

just bad luck to pass where did i guess.... i only wanted to get around the guy so i could set my cruise at a steady speed and go !!

$147

Professional

OUCH! Sorry to hear about that. Every now and then I swear the CHP wait until my butt comes around and boom they flip the switch, but I rarely speed so there coppers. Come and get me if you can. Evil Laugh :twisted: !

Ace_Racer

Lead Foot

Sorry to hear about that. Instant on is deadly. :cry:

Speed Demon

Hmm... In Washington state its legal to exceed the limit to safely pass, on top of that, the other driver was illegally blocking your pass, not to mention that is extremely unsafe. I would probably get an attorney since this is easy territory.

Good luck.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by NooB1FieD
    Hmm... In Washington state its legal to exceed the limit to safely pass, on top of that, the other driver was illegally blocking your pass, not to mention that is extremely unsafe. I would probably get an attorney since this is easy territory.

Good luck.
    the court is over 200 miles from home...... it would cost more then just pay the ticket..... this was back in august i got it.....

plus i'm from ohio and it was in AL, so it will never show on my record

Professional

dump people like that should be ticketed for stupidity, oh wait there's no law that says "you can't be stupid"

Speed Demon

Well that would catch anyone and any detector out :cry:

Perfect example of Murphy's law in operation.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed
    Well that would catch anyone and any detector out :cry:

Perfect example of Murphy's law in operation.
    yup, if i would have watied 5 minutes to pass i would have been fine

Power User

Sorry about that. I make a habit of scanning up front before passing specially when you are already in speed limits. I do the same thing when in curves, looking not in front of the vehicle but looking at the end of the road as it continues to curve. It's not a perfect solution but it helps if LEO comes out of the curve or on a long stretch away. Although, there is not much you can do with instant on.

Power User

I hate those people, cant seem to wanna drive right, and right as you go for the overtake, they f**kin speed up........... I dunno about up there but thats a trafic offense here in Texas......... some people for ya :roll: :roll: :roll: