Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default My V1 did not go off when I was clocked vy radar!!

I was driving at around 10 - 15 above the speed limit and I see a cop sitting in the ditch on the left. My radar stayed quite. I have almost the newest version of the V1. It went off a couple times and warned me of LEOs in the past hour. I passed the LEO without hitting my brakes and downshifted to the speed limit. The cop pulls out eventually and pulls me over. He says do you know how fast you were going? I believe around 5-10 over the limit. He says I was speeding at 15 over the limit. When I know it was faster. And he says he has me on Radar. Then he tells me that I cannot see the radar gun readout. Therefore, I am wondering did my V1 really not go off a single bit the whole time, or is mister LEO lying his ass off cause he is pissed that he is missing the Super Bowl. *Speeds and dialogue slightly altered to keep confidentiality, just incase…

V1 Zombie

you got ripped off.

Good Citizen

I thought by law if you ask to see the radar gun and the reading on it, they have to prove it to you... I would go see if you can contest it somehow, good luck man.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by laznlSpeedDemon
    I thought by law if you ask to see the radar gun and the reading on it, they have to prove it to you... I would go see if you can contest it somehow, good luck man.

no they dont it is only a courtesy if they do.

Scratonicity Groupie

are x,k,& ka enabled?

if so this is tricky. I would head over to the beat your ticket section and start getting the discovery process started.

sounds like you might of got taken for.

Founder of Stealthvation

He took you for. Some cops liek to do this. They use their eyes as a speed measurement tool knowing damn well they are full of crap
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

The cop is a liar...NO SURPRISE THERE!!

Power User

yup, some times cops will BS and write out a ticket........... funny thing is the one time I got a BS ticket he said he locked onto me but on the ciatation itself he failed to specify RADAR or LASER by checking off one of the boxes.... strange

usually if I ask to see the gun they'll show it to me, even my lawyer friend (not my actual lawyer ) says that you have every right to know because it's the evidence thats incriminating you and you have a right to know............... but most of the time I dont even ask, because I KNOW I was over by about the spped they say

Advanced Member

You can ask to see the gun in some areas and officers will show you it. I know there is one region that requires the cop to show the laser gun reading

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

The 3 main possibilities:

1. The cop lied
    2. The Valentine One might need serviced
    3. The radar gun might be out of tune