Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Good Citizen

Does anyone know what the IR output XXXnm is for the Intell. Cruise Control? Most detector optics receive within the 820-950nm (some narrower.)

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jwardell
    I was also thinking...infinities may actually be somewhat effective in jamming laser guns. They are transmitting puleses in the same band after all, and if their pulse is received beforehand...
    There's the problem of pulse-rates:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...=253042#253042 - 3rd post down, by The Professor.

If jammers become illegal maybe we'll all be retrofitting infiniti cruise control systems

I would love for someone with access to an infinitiy and a laser gun to try and test this!
    ^ Indeed, we are all waiting for such a hack. It's been talked about for a while now, but no-one, so far, as developed one. :? :?:
    I've wondered this very thing for quite some time. Thanks for the clarification...I just read the Professor's post. Maybe someone can make an inline, or piggyback ecu that instructs the LED/DIODES of the onboard Infiniti system to listen for distict LIDAR gun pulses and respond with and appropriate countermeasure. I think it would make it much more difficult for law enforcement to prove that there is a malicious intent to obstruct justice if there are no clearly visible signs of an aftermarket jamming product.

Newcomer

Do Lexus set off the V1? I see that some of the Lexus models have radar cruise control. With Infiniti it is laser cruise control but the Lexus has radar cruise control.

This is from the Lexus website...A cruise-control system that can automatically adjust vehicle speed in order to help maintain a pre-set distance between your vehicle and the vehicle traveling in front. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control [1] uses millimeter-wave radar to help maintain this distance.

I'm just curious to know if the V1 is just as sensative to the Lexus cruise control as much as it is to the Infiniti cruise control.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by blowyabackout
    Do Lexus set off the V1? I see that some of the Lexus models have radar cruise control. With Infiniti it is laser cruise control but the Lexus has radar cruise control.

This is from the Lexus website...A cruise-control system that can automatically adjust vehicle speed in order to help maintain a pre-set distance between your vehicle and the vehicle traveling in front. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control [1] uses millimeter-wave radar to help maintain this distance.

I'm just curious to know if the V1 is just as sensative to the Lexus cruise control as much as it is to the Infiniti cruise control.
    I'm not postiive about the Lexus just yet. I believe it may have set off my V1 once. I think it was an LS430 or something. I'll have to have a few more run ins to be sure. Between Infinitis from the Front and GMC/Chevy Rear mount tail lights, they seem to make up about 95% of the falses I experience. I'll keep an eye out for Lexuses as well....

On the flip side...I wonder if the Infinity system has a distinct enough pulse and wavelength combo, that the DSPs in the V1s can be programmed in the V1 to ignore these as a falses in the future?...