Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default New to forum and a new V-1 user

Hello everyone,

Just want to say Hi to all my fellow V-1 Zombies, and can't say enough about the V-1. Yeah I know some might be saying why is a LEO happy to be a Zombie, First, I just LOVE zombie movies. Second, I work the third watch, after a long day and a long haul home, my mind is on the days events, ie. was I fair, did I do my best to quell that fight, Did I have to or not have to issue that ticket, could I have handled a situation differently. all the things that even affect civilians, like when they get stopped and say thier mind was not on thier driving and proceed to tell thier story. were all human, especially me, so with all this on my mind I too can go the 5 over too, and it is just as embarrassing for me to be pulled over too, so the V-1 keeps me alert when I'm tired on the trip home, it happens to all of us, and I'm no exception! Its nice to see such a following for this V-1, those arrows are the cats meow!

Lead Foot

8)

Welcome to the group.

Take care,

Spin

Yoda of Radar

What troop in Upstate are you located out of... anywhere around the Auburn barricks?

Please get back to me... PM me if you do not wish the troop you are located at to be open to public.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome aboard upstateNYLEO.

I just find it hard to believe that you as a leo (or anyone else for that matter) would get a ticket for 5 over. We're all aware of the "professional courtesy" that comes with the badge...

J/

Newcomer

Default Bluewars

Jerry 540i'

In the States here sometimes there is this terrible thing called "Bluewars" It happens like this, you are a cop, and get stopped in the next town over for say speeding :cry: You give the Officer who stopped you a rough time of it. He hangs paper on you :x Now you go back to your town and tell the fellows that the Officer in the next town over papered you :x Sooooooooooooo now they say oh yeah! :twisted: well next time well paper their Officers, and so on and so on! Some times as its called Mastershield does not always work, and is purely a courtesy thing, and not an automatic thing {and I hope this doesnt open up a sore subject} but its all up to the Officer, we take in to consideration, the nature of the violation. demeanor of the civilian, especially when stopping one of our own, believe it or not, we tend to be harder on our own. I never expect to be let go just because I'm a LEO, I am supposed to know better, and I was more liberal when I was on road patrol. Thats why I got the V-1 a great waker upper for us old folks, especially with the hearing aid all the way up....LOL

Good Citizen

It's very funny that you make this post UpstateNYLEO... I just got my 1st V1 yesterday and am also a LEO from Mass. My feelings echo those in your post. I have been lurking here for quite a while and find this site to be great.

About that "professional courtesy" stuff... In MA and RI, a LEO will most likely get a pass if pulled over for anything reasonable (-10 over). Down south however is another story. I know several LEOs, including myself that have been given hefty fines. My last one was a $200 banger in VA. I didn't argue it though, as I knew I deserved it. The first day I was back in MA, I paid the fine.

Much more than worrying about a ticket, I enjoy using the RD to find LEOs running a radar or laser post while I am on a long trip. Gives me something to keep my mind busy on a long haul. I make the trip from MA to TN for the Dragon every now and then and a 16hr drive can be brutal with nothing to pass the time besides the radio.

To all who participate here... thanks for a great, informative forum!

Newcomer

DeadlyAP1,

We are all more alike, than we are different, as my retired Sarge, used to say. In NY we now have this New kind of surcharge, which when added to the fine, and court cost, can really empty your wallet, and raise your Insurance sky high, I just felt different, when I was on road patrol about the whole thing ops: , some argue with passion about saving lives, and then most feel its a revenue thing. I wont comment on my personal opinions to avoid conflict either pro or con. I'm like you its a great tool to keep your mind busy on those major highways, because we are not in the patrol cars going 90 mph. to get there. And I find it is NOT uncommon for LEO's to have RD's in their private vehicles, and besides its great entertainment! I do make a serious effort not to go above the 5-6 mph over the PSL, as in some areas this is the target speed before paper is written :cry:

Founder of Stealthvation

Well PM's us if you guys want to attend a GOL event. We would LOVE to have you attend. We already have some with A LOT of years in the force that attend
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Well PM's us if you guys want to attend a GOL event. We would LOVE to have you attend. We already have some with A LOT of years in the force that attend
    Where do you normally hold them? Sounds like fun!

Good Citizen

GET OUT PIG! haha just playing man. Welcome to the forums.