Good Citizen

Default possible swap of my radar detector?

I recently sent in my V1 for calibration check (nothing really out of the norm for my unit except that it doesn't pick up photo radar too well in my city) and prior to sending my unit out it was ver 3.851 and when I received it back this past friday it was version 3.858. Everything looks okay on my unit except that the lens for the front and rear sensors look like they're from another detector. I've NEVER wiped or touched my lenses ever so I would expect that there be barely any scratches on them. However, my lens after the returns of my unit look like they've been wiped and well.... kinda worn looking (looks like millions of little micro scratches from someone repeatedly wiping the lenses).

Does Valentine 1 always return my original unit back even after a minor firmware upgrade? The serial #'s look the same but I find it quite bizarre that my unit looks more "worn" when I got it back.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Good Citizen

Maybe the scratches are from shipping. Wipe the lense with some plexus and it will be good as new.

Experienced

Default Re: possible swap of my radar detector?

Quote Originally Posted by stevescivic
    Does Valentine 1 always return my original unit back even after a minor firmware upgrade? The serial #'s look the same but I find it quite bizarre that my unit looks more "worn" when I got it back.
    Yeah, you should have gotten your same unit back for a minor firmware upgrade. With your unit the highest you can go is 3.858 without changing internal hardware. When I sent my 3.851 in (for the 'E' issue), I got it back with 3.858 and I'm sure it's the same unit.

Good Citizen

Default radar detector swap?

I took a good look at my unit last night and I think it is mine. I just don't ever recall seeing so many fine scratches on the front and rear lenses. Oh well, some plastic polish fixed it up real good so I'm not overly concerned.

Does Valentine research ever provide consumers with a certicate of performance like beltronics does?

I've always been quite curious as to what they found before and after the fixes.