Default Got a potential problem with V1

Hi this is my first post.

I have been using V1 for more than 2 years and it has saved my ass far more than I can count. The only time I got pulled over is when I wasn't paying attention to my radar detector and was thinking hard about something else. It was a school zone and was obeying the speed limit but forgot it was school time. Beat the ticket in court though.

Anyway, lately, for some reason when I turn it on, it powers up and then after it goes to L mode, the X-band light goes on and the strength meter goes all the way. This happens for the A mode and the small L mode. It stays that way for the whole time it is plugged. It shows bogey all over. I checked the troubleshooting guide for any answers. I tried changing the power cords but still same problem. Do you think it might be the fuse or something else?

By the way, do I need to upgrade my software? I went to the website and entered my serial nbr and the website said no upgraded is needed.

Speed Demon

I would try it in someone elses vehicle first. I had the problem happen a few times in the past. I think the wiring wasnt connected properly. Mine is hardwired.

Scratonicity Groupie

sounds like she needs a trip back to the homeland to get a little tune up. call up VR and let um know. if you ship it out today you'll have it back by this time next week!

Lead Foot

Yeah, being that old I'd say it needs a tuneup anyways :-P Why not kill two birds with one stone? get er fixed and a tune up?

Mine used to beep (x band) every 5 seconds in A mode. I tried in a different car, power cord, location same thing. It finally went away because, I think, I got a new cell phone. Try removing all electrical devices out of the car, and see if that changes anything. Otherwise send it in!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by WhiZa
    Mine used to beep (x band) every 5 seconds in A mode. I tried in a different car, power cord, location same thing. It finally went away because, I think, I got a new cell phone. Try removing all electrical devices out of the car, and see if that changes anything. Otherwise send it in!
    Definitely . . my cell phone used to do this too. . drove me nuts. Verizon is notorious for these in phones. . they need to knock it off though. Definitely just see if it's any electronical stuff. . than send it back.