Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    Alright good to know. does the V1 false alot?
    I have mine in A mode, x off pop off, and I dont think it falses any more than the other premium detectors.

Power User

It doesn't FALSE a lot -- in fact I've observed less than 5 falses in 1500 miles of POP ON driving.

Picking up a supermarket half a block perpendicular to the road is not "falsing", that's just outstanding off-axis sensitivity to legitimate radar.

Speed Demon

Thanks for all the info guys. It feels like im new to this site cuz I have not posted on here if ages :x

Speedtrap Crasher

Alright. It's not a false. But it' not a LEO so in effect it's not giving me any valuable alerts in the city. Both the SR7 and the V1 "false" on door openers in close proximity to me but the V1 will sniff out K band alerts that the SR7 never detects. So it is a noisier detector.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Speed Demon

What's the newst version of the V1?

Lead Foot

I have had mine for about a month, and I pretty much always run mine in A mode. I just use common sense. If I am in a mall area and I am getting like 7 x alerts then it probably is not a LEO. It is kind of easy for me I guess, because in the city I live in the LEO's only use Ka band, and the few falses I have gotten from a Ka alert get J'd out almost the moment it picks up the false Ka signal. The real threat for me is that they use I/O.

Radar Fanatic

You have the patience of Job- how in the devil could you wait a year???? Congrats on a wise decision and a great purchase.

Speed Demon

The only reason I waited a year was because I already had an X50 in use. I just didnt see the need of a new detector til me and my g\f were talking about radars and how I always wanted a V1. Next thing I know she bought me one for my B-day

Newcomer

looking forward to seeing what you think? I also own the blue x50, but, really want a valentine one. I have heard lots of good things about it, just can't bring myself to buying one yet, especially with our dead california economy. I have actually been considering selling it (blue x50)on Ebay, but, am concerned that if I do and I only get a high bid of something low like 185, would I have to sell it? theres no way I would let it go for that, but, on the flip side if I made maybe high 200's, I could kick in another $100 and have the BEST there is!

congrats on your new detector!!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Viper1
    looking forward to seeing what you think? I also own the blue x50, but, really want a valentine one. I have heard lots of good things about it, just can't bring myself to buying one yet, especially with our dead california economy. I have actually been considering selling it (blue x50)on Ebay, but, am concerned that if I do and I only get a high bid of something low like 185, would I have to sell it? theres no way I would let it go for that, but, on the flip side if I made maybe high 200's, I could kick in another $100 and have the BEST there is!

congrats on your new detector!!
    ^^ That's how I always felt about buying the V1. No one would really give me at least $300 for it because they can just buy them selfs a brand new RED X50 for the same price. I figured If I could of gotten at least $250 for it I would of just saved for the rest. I will let you all know how I like it.