Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default What is this thing?

Well, I assume it is a scam, but check out some of the stuff on this auction, there are some familiar diagrams on this page:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PR-CAR-RADAR-LAS...QQcmdZViewItem

Newcomer

woops, guess I am not supposed to do that...I thought maybe it would be ok, since it is just a funny scam...from the look of that link...I guess not

Professional

There might have been a post not to long ago about this or something similar, they stole the diagram from V1. It is only $40, what a steal!

Good Citizen

Wow, I guess the person who actually buys this "RD" from that seller deserves to get a black box that contains 3 LEDs and would be a bonus if the three LEDs light up. Could use it as a night light for inside the car. Yay!

Professional

That's just wrong that we have people in this world ripping others off of their hard earned money like this.

Detects police radar / laser guns (undetectable by GPS detectors)
    Is that supposed to mean this thing picks up radar my GPS 9500i is undetectable of? and its only $49, I'm really feeling like I got ripped off buying the 9500i now.

It's not "just" three LEDs in a plastic box, it's 2 red LEDs and one of those expensive yellow LED's.

"Military Grade" compnents too? Wow, you can barely buy a true military grade 1K Ohm resistor for that price. You could gut the thing and resell just those military grade components for more than you paid for the thing, THAT'S A HELL OF A DEAL!

Oh wait a minute, they don't say what countries military those meet military grade specs of, probably the Mexican or Taiwanese military so I guess they aren't lieing about that.

Why is this post in the V1 forum?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Esoterica

Why is this post in the V1 forum?
    Because a bunch of the diagrams are ripped off straight from Valenitneone.com

Radar Fanatic

Yeah, we've seen this before. It's pretty incredible that anyone falls for this, but then again, not everyone knows better. It's not their faults.

Old Timer

lol v3 stealth

Professional

how do people get away with this?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus
    how do people get away with this?
    Just like the guys in NYC who open up their coats and sell the counterfeit Rolex watches get away with it all the time. (Of which I have a couple so don't say anything now that I've opened that can)

He's not a business, just an eBay seller who likely orders these things from Korea/China by the case, stacks them up in his garage and finds that "sucker born every minute" to keep him going. I've tried complaining/reporting people like this to eBay numerous times, they don't care one bit as long as they get their percentage of the money from it. For $49 though, your getting exactly what your paying for, so its not like he's ripping anyone off by selling this for a few hundred. He's actually doing a great service to the world, helping dumb people discover just how dumb they actually are. You should send him a thank you letter just for that.

Anybody that knows better would never order one of these, and thats the only type of person who would raise a complaint about it. The type of person who would actually buy that are likely so use to always getting ripped off like this they just toss it in their stack of other garbage items they have bought and move on to looking for their next great buy.