Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default The Arrows Work !!! Fact...

Another fabulous save today on the way into the office. I tend to take the back roads to avoid traffic congestion...Turned left into a long and relatively straight road with a few light bends and the V1 goes bonkers...About 200 metres down the road, white traffic car parked up on the verge and 1 bloke writing tickets and the other sitting in the car operating the radar....

This is the same road I picked up a ticket from around 5 months ago before buying the V1.... With the V1 screaming its head off, I drove past the traffic car - no other traffic around and was tempted to pick up speed again but the alert stayed on full and the arrows didn't swing around as I passed the traffic car...

I drove another 350-450 metres past a line of normal looking cars and the arrows switched to the side then flicked to the rear...Hauled a U turn and went back up the road... Black Holden, darkened windows, 2 traffic cops in high vis jackets sitting inside.. Hauled another U and returned past them again VERY slowly and waved - (RD's are not illegal in NZ), pointed to the detector and he switched off the radar ??? Boy did they look pissed!!

Basically another radar trap about 300 metres past the first one..Never seen this and certainly wouldn't have thought anything of it if I had my old Bel...God I love this thing..IF only it killed laser....

+1 to the arrows from me...

Radar Fanatic

We should not discourage lazy cops from running C/O radar. Pointing to the radar detector or using a Laser jammer to JTG ( ie, leaving it on even after getting down to the PSL), will only ensure that the cops change their methods until they find someting that works.

If the cops make it easy on you, great. Let them keep doing what they are doing, and don't give them a reason to change.

Nice save though. :wink:

Old Timer

x2 nice save

Speed Demon

man wth were you thinking doing a u-turn and pointing at your rd etc

your making yourself look like a 12year old child man :|, not to mention doing as said above, making the police more aware of how well radar detectors work

stop gloating though man, bad taste :|

Professional

Q: The Arrows really work?

A: They SURE do!

You need to own and use a Valentine One to experience this AMAZING feature.

Once you use a Valentine One and experience Arrows... It is like a Cell Phone or a Microwave Oven. Once you have them, you just can't give them back and live without 'em!

Enjoy the saves and your Arrows!

Experienced

Whenever my V1 ferrets out another radar source, I like to drive by the cop really slowly with my windows down. They're usually looking annoyed at this point because they didn't catch me speeding, and even more annoyed when I point up at the V1, whose arrows of course are in turn pointing at the officer. Then I hold up a roll of Mentos, and flash a big, toothy grin at the officer. They'll usually smile and shake their head and put their hands on their hips and give me a look as if to say, "Why, you mischievous little scamp!" and we'll laugh together for a moment before I peel out and speed away.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nascar
    ....It is like a Cell Phone or a Microwave Oven. Once you have them, you just can't give them back and live without 'em!
    Ditto! I've been known to turn around 30 minutes into an errand and head back home... why? because if forgot my BlackBerry aka CrackBerry. ops:

I am still waiting for the Smartphone chip that can be surgically grafted to my brain.

Professional

nascar, the arrows work, but they are not without faults, don't mislead people into thinking they are perfect in design, they'll come to expect it to be and get bit in the butt by it sooner or later, ghosting, merging and reflecting signals can be misleading and if a person unknowingly has complete faith in the misguided thought that the design operates to perfection its very dangerous for them. Not to mention when they do catch a failure in it's accuracy they'll immediately suspect something is wrong with their detector and want to either return it, or send it in for repairs when in actuality its just the nature of the beast.

bradthemad, are you just some kind of retard or something? What you said is completely stupid, rubbing a persons face in something isn't a smart game plan. You also act like you think just because the LEO didn't catch you speeding past him that he automatically assumes you otherwise would have been speeding. In reality he just assumed you were like any of the other 10 million drivers he sees that just happen to be doing the speed limit.

Experienced

Esoterica, I was just being silly. I keep reading stories and seeing videos of people making conspicuous displays of their countermeasures in front of police, which I find highly counterproductive, so I posted a reductio-ad-absurdum as a response to this one. I don't even have any Mentos in my car. Sorry you didn't get the joke, I thought it was sufficiently unbelievable to have been taken seriously.

Yoda of Radar

You had any doubt the arrows really work? :shock: