Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default Ka guard on or off? V1 users what do u prefer?

Looking at programming features Ive read about k band auto mute etc but what do you set ka false suppression to, on or turn off?

Professional

keep it on.

Power User

always on

Professional

I vote for on as well because if you turn it off you will know where every cobra radar detector is. Plus, another side effect is you will start to ignore KA thinking it is another one of those false alerts and it could be a real CHP so again I vote for keeping it turned on.

Ace

Power User

On, on on. Turning it off makes your V1 react to any Ka frequency without checking harmonics -- satellite radios to other detectors within a 1 mile radius will make your V1 go crazy on Ka. Enjoy!

Power User

ok cool I will keep it on forsure. Question about modes and programming. I am sure I will use the automute k band 30 seconds programming. My question is about setting Xband off. Can you set up X band on in Amode and x off in big and little L modes or is it a matter of x is on in all 3 modes or off in all 3? It looks like most like A mode on highway and little l k automute around town, agreed?

Professional

Once a band is turned off it is off in all three modes. X band is not used in CA so you can turn it off. Little l mode displays K band alerts at the muted volume for the set amount of time and only goes to regular volume after the time threshold or if options e or f breaks (strength at 4 or 6 LED's).

In big L mode you will not hear or see the alert (K band) until either the time or strength breaks so be weary of using big L. Little l and big L with X band off only applies the muting. KA and laser bands are unaffected.

Hope this helps

Ace

Power User

ok thanks for the explaination.

Speed Demon

Man, I hope the programming of this thing isn't as complicated as it sounds. My V1 is supposed to be here early next week. I'm hoping it won't take anther week to program it.

;-)

Power User

When I first read about it I was like that is so complicated compared to the STI. But when I read it over and looked at it as dip switches being set in each category it made alot more sense. Besides, you have all the owners here to help you if needed