Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default okay from user experiane and in the real world experience quesion with 35.5 with v1

HOw man people agree that v1 has a problem with 35.5 off axis ka band, how many people actually saw this happen, lets put the gol test aside for a mintute herem how many people in the real world actually discover that it has a problems and did v1 some how try to fix it with theri news version .864.

please i wont to know before i purchase a v1again so it wont let me down with 35.5, because it is my biggest concern here. i know this topic has been discuss a million times, but there is still no real answer that v1 does have a problem ,

the reason i return it because i think mind was out of tuned and i reall didnt wanted the hassle of sendint it in for a cheack up or a tune up, but i do really miss does arrows so i would want to have a v1 agian.

Power User

I've done some test in the past and I'm not worried about the V1's performance with 35.5. I've done off axis test and you can also check GOL's off axis test. I have both used the V1 and 9500i at the same time for about 2 weeks to see how both RD's react to 35.5 which I encounter daily in my route. The thing is, every encounter will be different depending on reflected signals in a realworld scenario when it comes to off axis detection and I don't see the V1 far behind as far as performance is concerned which can be observe when using both the 9500i and the V1 were the 9500i usually alerts me first before the V1 does. I know it is not advisable to use 2 RD's at the same time but have to do it to know which one alerts first.

Bottom line, you should not worry about it unless your V1 is out of tune. Always check your V1 if it is out of tune and keep it cool with one vent blowing air directly to your V1. The V1 heats up too quick and gets too hot and this will decease it's performance.

Radar Fanatic

Any 35.5 Ka off-axis reception issues will not be fixed by a firmware upgrade. That has to be a hardware issue, either a problem in the Ka RF section or, more likely, the antenna.

All RDs have trouble with 35.5 Ka off-axis, though it seems to be more of a problem with the V1.

GTO_04

Old Timer

Default and

This doesn't mean the V1 is bad or anything, it just has a "slight" problem just like all other rd's have their qwerks.

Old Timer

wat would u say the most percentage wise Ka is used in the US...like wat percent of all Ka is 33.8? 34.7? and 35.5?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    wat would u say the most percentage wise Ka is used in the US...like wat percent of all Ka is 33.8? 34.7? and 35.5?
    i say 35.5 is becoming more popular, because where ever I go here in IL, all i see it 35.5.

Power User

my 3.863 is a killer in all Ka bands, except when I get j out's

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by speed-demon View Post
    my 3.863 is a killer in all Ka bands, except when I get j out's
    yes i hope my 3.864 would be a killer in 35.5 cant wait i get it tommorw.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetdude View Post
    i say 35.5 is becoming more popular, because where ever I go here in IL, all i see it 35.5.
    The state has contract with Decatur and Kustom as of 11/07.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Azonehits View Post
    The state has contract with Decatur and Kustom as of 11/07.
    well its a darn good idea i went with the v1 then