Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Any chance of a non-detectable V1 anytime soon?

I'm in Va and was curious......

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Any chance of a non-detectable V1 anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
    I'm in Va and was curious......
    People have asked VR for this for years. So far, there are nothing but unsubstantiated rumors. I'd call it unlikely, at least not anytime soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    People have asked VR for this for years. So far, there are nothing but unsubstantiated rumors. I'd call it unlikely, at least not anytime soon.
    X2, totaly sucks.

Professional

don't give up yet. the 9500ci could be having them in a panic from the recent GOL test

Yoda of Radar

Ya know, other than possibly making it a little smaller, making it undetectable is really the only thing I would really even want them to change about the V1. I am more than happy with the range. I'm not really interested in the whole GPS and tru-lock thing.

The laser falsing is sometimes annoying, but I'd be happy if they got rid of the laser detection altogether. It really serves no purpose except to add size, complication, and a hundred bucks to the devices price. That's a hundred bucks you could/should put towards a jammer.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

No, but I heard Mike is cooking something in their camp. The last masterpiece before he retired. You will be surprise that V1 is going to trump again.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBunny View Post
    You will be surprise that V1 is going to trump again.
    Thanks! But I won't be surprised. I have lots of faith in Mike! But I'll darn sure be happy to see it!

The funniest shyte ever would be for them to come out with an improved version that uber trumps the CI, with the invisibility of the STI, and still costs under $500 bucks. I wanna see all the CI owners crying in their beer.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Ya know, other than possibly making it a little smaller, making it undetectable is really the only thing I would really even want them to change about the V1.
    Statements like these is why VR never came up with any new ideas and why Belscort has basically blown by VR, consumer contentment. Constantly telling VR that their product is perfect doesn't exactly spurn creativity.
    I am more than happy with the range. I'm not really interested in the whole GPS and tru-lock thing.
    So, you're not interested in eliminating the annoying false alerts?

The laser falsing is sometimes annoying, but I'd be happy if they got rid of the laser detection altogether. It really serves no purpose except to add size, complication, and a hundred bucks to the devices price. That's a hundred bucks you could/should put towards a jammer.
    This statement is pretty accurate, yet zombies constantly talk up the V1's laser sensitivity like it's a major feature.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBunny View Post
    No, but I heard Mike is cooking something in their camp. The last masterpiece before he retired. You will be surprise that V1 is going to trump again.
    I totally don't believe this talk whatsoever. VR has no patent pending. I think these rumors are completely unsubstantiated. VR has not had a fresh idea in over a decade.

Thanks! But I won't be surprised. I have lots of faith in Mike! But I'll darn sure be happy to see it!
    Faith in Mike? Based on what? He has shown absolutely no innovation since 1992. Sensitivity, yes. New ideas, no.

The funniest shyte ever would be for them to come out with an improved version that uber trumps the CI, with the invisibility of the STI, and still costs under $500 bucks. I wanna see all the CI owners crying in their beer.
    Not gonna happen. VR could increase sensitivity all they want, but the false alerts would be even worse than they are now. The V1 is already unbearable in the city. VR has no way to eliminate false alerts. This is exactly why the STi-R will fail.

In fact, the opposite is much more likely. When the arrow and bogey counter patent runs out in just over two years, VR will lose it's main advantage. At that point, the V1 will then be relegated to budget RD status and then maybe out of business.
    Last edited by djrams80; 09-01-2008 at 02:48 AM.

Yoda of Radar

/\ /\ /\

That is pretty much exactly what I have been saying on this website for years.

Don't hold your breath for anything from VR, your going to faint before something good happens.

Just get the STi and be done with it.

I have replied in full before to rumors of VR doing something big etc. so I shall not go there again. Basically Djrams covers many of the points I have made, and what have been telling people on this website for years.

VR has rested on its arrows for far, far too long... I have very little faith they will come up with something innovative in this industry. They may come up with something new to VR, but its most likely just a tweak (copied) from something that Belscort and or Whistler has already done...

Radar Fanatic

No such thing as an undetectable RD.
    I have watched LEO's shoot vehicles in the back just to see their brake lights go off!

Even if you are not speeding there is a very high probability you are going to tap your brake peddle from a
    (that was real) radar shot.