Thread: V1 DOA?

Good Citizen

Default V1 DOA?

I just got my V1 today. I popped it into the car and ran a wire from one of my 12v outlets, like standard.

I drove .5 mile from my house in all bogey mode. Not a single beep. I drove to a stoplight, and to my amazement there was a LEO on the other side. Was he not shooting radar? is that why the V1 missed him?

Then I drove past a CVS, once I was around 60 feet away I got full K band while I was turning away from CVS then nothing ( so approx 1 second). I pulled into driveway and got strength of 1 from KA as I pulled into garage, thinking that was the garage sensors.

Anyways why did the V1 miss the LEO? cuz he was not shooting radar?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: V1 DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by lolfun12 View Post
    I just got my V1 today. I popped it into the car and ran a wire from one of my 12v outlets, like standard.

I drove .5 mile from my house in all bogey mode. Not a single beep. I drove to a stoplight, and to my amazement there was a LEO on the other side. Was he not shooting radar? is that why the V1 missed him?

Then I drove past a CVS, once I was around 60 feet away I got full K band while I was turning away from CVS then nothing ( so approx 1 second). I pulled into driveway and got strength of 1 from KA as I pulled into garage, thinking that was the garage sensors.

Anyways why did the V1 miss the LEO? cuz he was not shooting radar?
    It's working perfectly. The K band from your CVS shows that the K band is working. The Ka from your house is the third harmonic from your satellite dish. The LEO was not running radar. I'd say at least 80% of the LEOs I come across are not running radar.

Good Citizen

Wow, I do have 2 sattellite dishes right next to my garage that I totally forgot about. CVS did show full K band. Alrighty, so leo was not running radar. So there was no way he could accurately get my speed right?

Yoda of Radar

Wow, I do have 2 sattellite dishes right next to my garage that I totally forgot about. CVS did show full K band. Alrighty, so leo was not running radar. So there was no way he could accurately get my speed right?
    Guesstimate, then if he thinks you're way over, he could theoretically tag you with I/O radar, then you're totally f**ked!

Good Citizen

I didn't really matter if he was running radar, I am not that aggressive of a driver. I would have seen him turn around though, problem was he was coming up over a hill so by the time I saw him it would have been to late with my eyes. Luckily if he was running KA (constant) the V1 theoritically would have him.

Power User

It's very rare that the V1 come DOA since they ship using FEDEX and it comes protected in the box.

Good Citizen

I was driving near CVS back and forth and I first get hit with K band then it slowly becomes full signal, then I get hit with KA, and the lights for KA and K flash back and forth and the thing goes NUTS. I waited about 10-15 minutes and drove back around, did not see any LEO's but got hit with K and then KA.

Do door openers use KA as well as K?

I have yet to find any X.
    Last edited by lolfun12; 02-03-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Yoda of Radar

I was driving near CVS back and forth and I first get hit with K band then it slowly becomes full signal, then I get hit with KA, and the lights for KA and K flash back and forth and the thing goes NUTS. I waited about 10-15 minutes and drove back around, did not see any LEO's but got hit with K and then KA.

Do door openers use KA as well as K?

I have yet to find any X.
    There are no Ka band door openers. There probably was no LEO. My V1 does this as well. It's called ghosting. The V1 will sometimes detect a nonexistent contact near a strong radar source. Your V1 has the same problem that just about all new V1s have.

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    It's working perfectly. The K band from your CVS shows that the K band is working. The Ka from your house is the third harmonic from your satellite dish. The LEO was not running radar. I'd say at least 80% of the LEOs I come across are not running radar.

Great post dude you nailed it. That will be another thanks

Off topic But just got a price for the 9500ci in NZ dollars $3000! wow

Good Citizen

Hmm, ghosting. Well I do have 30 days, so lets how many leo's I find.