Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 IO pickup?

Good Citizen

Default V1 IO pickup?

I was driving down a road and picked up 1-2 blips on my v1 (ka) and then 5 seconds later 1-2 more blips. About 1/4 mile afterwards I saw a leo ( no noise this time). Was this encounter IO?

Also today I was going 60 in 50 w/o a rabbit. I saw a pack of cars on my left and a LEO, I pressed the brakes but two seconds later FULL K blast on V1 and then it picked up 2 K ( ghosting?) bogeys. I knew he clocked me so I pulled in quickly to subdivision on right and into someone's driveway. Camped out for few minutes and then left.

Does the blips work the same way with IO as constant on? The higher the blips the closer?

Lead Foot

Default Re: V1 IO pickup?

Yep and Yep.

Power User

Yes and yes. But sometimes the first blip 2.5 miles away is all the warning you'll get on light traffic roads or a selective officer. Hence it's important to treat ANY "unresolved" signal seriously (a resolved signal being one that changes direction as if you drove past it, or you're confident you know the source)

Good Citizen

I hate getting Ka and K blips at night because usually you can't spot the LEO.

Experienced

lol pulling into someone else' driveway camping out is not a good idea.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lolfun12 View Post
    I hate getting Ka and K blips at night because usually you can't spot the LEO.
    I cna usually find the LEOs but locating the cobras becomes a PITA

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_JOkeR View Post
    lol pulling into someone else' driveway camping out is not a good idea.
    I agree, if that person happens to be home you might get another cruiser showing up to question you. Besides, if you braked, and then he clocked you, why bother exiting and running like you were doing 90 in a 55... he wasnt going to chase you... are you really that paranoid? You were only 10 over to start with, after braking BEFORE the radar hit, theres no way you were in danger of being pulled over.

Exiting suspiciously might get you pulled over quicker...

Lead Foot

I received 1 blip this last weekend while traveling on the highway. 3-4 miles later I saw the LEO. He had just pulled a car over and had his radar off. V1 is sensitive and can sometimes pick up radar from an amazingly long distance. You have to be really careful with your speed until you see the LEO.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by stealthfz1 View Post
    I received 1 blip this last weekend while traveling on the highway. 3-4 miles later I saw the LEO. He had just pulled a car over and had his radar off. V1 is sensitive and can sometimes pick up radar from an amazingly long distance. You have to be really careful with your speed until you see the LEO.
    x2. Some knob was trying to tell me that the arrows were useless but this is where the V1 excels. Highway driving, quick blip ahead, and it's time to watch your ass until you can identify the source. With other detectors you get a quick blip but it could be behind you or from the side. It also could be from ahead, but you wouldn't know and eventually might put your foot back on the accelerator. Really easy to get toasted by selective IO.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stealthfz1 View Post
    I received 1 blip this last weekend while traveling on the highway. 3-4 miles later I saw the LEO.
    I've had V1 warnings 10 miles in advance against I/O. Visual estimation plus I/O means you must pay close attention to EVERY alert.