Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Ordered yet another V1.

I dont know why I keep doing this to myself. I cant count on two hands how many v1's I have gone through. However, its all about where you live, and what the user prefers. I am more of someone who enjoys good sensitivity with a quiet atmosphere. One of the many reasons I enjoy the 9500i (also needed for radar drones on my commute to work).

Now that I live out in the country, I may be able to start appreciating the V1 a little bit more. Instead of a main highway with radar drones for a commute to work, I can a different way and have an isolated highway for a commute.

I dont have a 9500ci as of yet, but I am working my way there. That is my goal sometime within the next year or so, id really like to give that a shot. I figure if the v1 wont work in my current situation, I can always sell it for almost what I paid for it. Living in ohio, I have to pay 30 dollars on sales tax Its also sad that I live 30 minutes away from Valentine Research, and I have to have it shipped because I wont be able to make it there after work before they close. Im sure that lady that keeps selling these things is expecting me, I am past due for a visit

Professional

Default Re: Ordered yet another V1.

Speed Demon

Dang! How much do you have to pay for shipping being so close? I think here in Texas it's 23 dollars if I remember correctly.

Old Timer

it was 10 dollars because I selected UPS.

Reason being i did this and not the cheaper option fedex, was because I am normally the last house on the UPS mans route, so he shows up around when I get home from work. And since a signature is required on delivery... someone will have to be there

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by sethy View Post
    it was 10 dollars because I selected UPS.

Reason being i did this and not the cheaper option fedex, was because I am normally the last house on the UPS mans route, so he shows up around when I get home from work. And since a signature is required on delivery... someone will have to be there
    Ah, I see. Well I was going to say have it shipped to someone else outside of Ohio and have them ship it back to you... but you'd only be saving 10 or 15 bucks it seems (that's assuming 23 dollar shipping though).

Experienced

When I ordered my V1, and then later my CD, they were both shipped UPS. Knowing that signature was required I called VR and asked if they would waive the signature and I was told "not possible". So I sat home waiting......UPS showed up, left the package at the door, rang the bell, and left.....both times. I didn't have to sign for either of them. VR might not require a sig with UPS.....

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha1 View Post
    When I ordered my V1, and then later my CD, they were both shipped UPS. Knowing that signature was required I called VR and asked if they would waive the signature and I was told "not possible". So I sat home waiting......UPS showed up, left the package at the door, rang the bell, and left.....both times. I didn't have to sign for either of them. VR might not require a sig with UPS.....
    Well I hope that is the case for me...

Power User

Why don't you get a new $600 Bel STi-R off eBay and tell us all about it.

Old Timer

Why would I need to tell anyone about an STi-R. You seem to do a good enough job.

Had the option of an STi-R actually. I would rather wait on the redline if it is the same range, since it wont require a permanent remote install.

Yoda of Radar

"Ordered yet another V1."

I'm sorry.