Almost Banned

Default MA state police using X band!??!?

My old man just called me from his cell on his way back from Cape Cod. He has a new X50 that I recently bought him. He refuses to shut off anything on his detectors....and I guess it paid off.

He said he's on the highway doing about 75-80mph, and starts getting X band alerts in the middle of nowhere. So he starts paying attention to it and slows down. Low and behold a MA state trooper (he said he thinks it was a Charger) came up from behind him flying running X band radar.

Since when!?

Good Citizen

Default Re: MA state police using X band!??!?

Quote Originally Posted by RadarKid View Post
    My old man just called me from his cell on his way back from Cape Cod. He has a new X50 that I recently bought him. He refuses to shut off anything on his detectors....and I guess it paid off.

He said he's on the highway doing about 75-80mph, and starts getting X band alerts in the middle of nowhere. So he starts paying attention to it and slows down. Low and behold a MA state trooper (he said he thinks it was a Charger) came up from behind him flying running X band radar.

Since when!?
    Maybe cops are getting smart , altough some states don't allow anything but k or KA

Experienced

wow I haven't seen x-band around here ever. I just got a V1 and turned it off. Maybe I shouldn't. Can anyone else confirm an x-band police radar in MA lately?
    Last edited by 95blklsc; 08-18-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Hmmmm, I've had my suspicions (cruisers parked like they were running radar but not picking anything up), but in this case it seems unlikely. The reason being it was a Charger. All the new Chargers have gotten KA band units. The only possible explanation is that they did have a new unit and had to put an old X band unit in.

Where exactly was this? (PM if you don't feel comfortable posting)
    ".....in honour of the last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul. The question is not when's he gonna stop, but who is gonna stop him...."

V1+LI

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by 95blklsc View Post
    wow I haven't seen x-band around here ever. I just got a V1 and turned it off. Maybe I shouldn't. Can anyone else confirm an x-band police radar in MA lately?
    x2. This is critical intell, I would like to know as well. I haven't seen/heard X-band in MA in almost 6 years. Just early last year I decided to turn it off as well.

Thank you.

R.

Newcomer

I haven't run across X on any of the major roads leading to/from Cape Cod in many years either.

495 used to be "K alley," but has gone more to Ka, though there's still a fair amount of I/O K being used on the run.

-dan

Experienced

My old department had an X band hand held that my Sgt dug out once and a while just to screw with people. We actually had it calibrated each year and used it to cite. Not in MA, in Utah.