Default Cherahola Parkway & the V1

My brother and I went up to Tellico Tennessee and ran the Cherahola Parkway the other Friday. For those not from that area of the country it’s a mountain range/park that runs from Tellico Tennessee to Robbinsville North Carolina. Highest point is around 5300 feet. I’ve always considered it a “mini Blue Ridge Parkway”.

I had been up this road several times before on my Gold Wing but had never driven it in a car with a radar detector. This road, because of its location/scenery and “curve appeal” draws many a bike rider who love to run and test their skills on curvy mountain roads. Having traveled it on the bike I was aware of several places on the Parkway where there were Revenue Enhancement sites.

My Valentine was continuously going off (picking up K and Ka) even though, as far as I knew/thought, we were in the middle of no where. Because of this really did not know when/if police would be around the next bend. Never saw or came across a police car through the entire parkway (that I could see). Pretty hard to hid because you are on top of a mountain range...

For those of you who live/have ridden it before, I wondered if you could comment on why/what the V1 was picking up.

Thanks

Lead Foot

Default Re: Cherahola Parkway & the V1

My V1 does that when I have my cell phone on and it is searching for a signal in an area of no service.

Thanks Stealthfz1, I haven't thought about that but that could have been it. Is there any way of testing this out other than drive around trying to find a place where there is no availability on your cell phone?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by dealsgap View Post
    Thanks Stealthfz1, I haven't thought about that but that could have been it. Is there any way of testing this out other than drive around trying to find a place where there is no availability on your cell phone?
    Make sure your V1 alerts to door openers as X or K band correctly as well.