Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Finally got to see the J work its magic.

Today I was drving on the interstate and see a leo in the median (pointing away from me), I get no alert from farway, he must be shooting away from me. As I get closer to him I get an alert ka 1 bogy. With in a few seconds I see/hear another bogy lock and it jumps to 2. Just then I see the J pop up and hear it alert to junk but the RD is still alerting to the real radar just fine, when the J disappers the counter returns back to 1. I am amazed but this worked just like it should. It did not junk out both the real and leaky detector. It junked out the leaky detector while still alerting to the real radar. I'm lovin' the v1 more and more.

Power User

Default Re: Finally got to see the J work its magic.

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    Today I was drving on the interstate and see a leo in the median (pointing away from me), I get no alert from farway, he must be shooting away from me. As I get closer to him I get an alert ka 1 bogy. With in a few seconds I see/hear another bogy lock and it jumps to 2. Just then I see the J pop up and hear it alert to junk but the RD is still alerting to the real radar just fine, when the J disappers the counter returns back to 1. I am amazed but this worked just like it should. It did not junk out both the real and leaky detector. It junked out the leaky detector while still alerting to the real radar. I'm lovin' the v1 more and more.
    you have pop on?

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Very Nice
    patented awareness;
    only from a V-1

submit to VR win a Vest
    Submit your V1 Moment

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    you have pop on?

yes

Maybe you can help me here. its ironic you have a post regarding J...

I had my 9500ix next to my V1 3.858 this weekend. while in the neighborhood i was driving around and then noticed that Ka jumped on both units at the same time. it wasnt constant Ka it was every 4 seconds or so it would jump to full bar. i also noticed the "J" going on and off on my V1.both units detected the Ka...as i got closer i noticed a illinois state trooper holding a gun with his hand pointed at the oncoming traffic.

I have two questions:

first is the fact that the Ka signal was intermited mean that it was termed as I/O or instant on? is that what i was experiencing? there was not constant ramp up by either unit it was BAM full bar and then zero, 3 or 4 times

Secondly, why was their a " J", is this a defect in the detector? or was this caused by the fact that the 9500ix was next to it???? thanks alot

Radar Fanatic

from what you are telling me I believe the ix was messing with the v1 and it was screwing up, I have a feeling that the ix being so close to the v1, the leakage was overpowering the v1, and it was trying to see the other radar but it had to keep junking out the ix. just don't run both of them together ever, because this is what can happen.

In my situation the other detector was in another car and was much weaker then the normal radar, so it could easily disregard it while still alerting to the real radar.

edit, the J means junk, it sees another detector that is leaking and tells you that it is a junk signal.

from what you are telling me I believe the ix was messing with the v1 and it was screwing up, I have a feeling that the ix being so close to the v1, the leakage was overpowering the v1, and it was trying to see the other radar but it had to keep junking out the ix. just don't run both of them together ever, because this is what can happen.

In my situation the other detector was in another car and was much weaker then the normal radar, so it could easily disregard it while still alerting to the real radar.

edit, the J means junk, it sees another detector that is leaking and tells you that it is a junk signal.
    What about the on and off Ka is that what everyone terms as Instant On?

Radar Fanatic

yeah that is IO.

Radar Fanatic

From a 3.864? You're lucky.

Power User

Were you using the 864? Good to know the "J" bug is fixed.