Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Effing cobra users

Headed out from work today and flew up onto the highway. This is a usual spot where I get a repeated k band alert from behind as I'm heading north.

This time a typical elitist masshole (sorry rob) was playing the "I'm not moving over so you can merge onto the highway, even though I have plenty of room" flew up alongside me in a civic si, and took off up ahead.

Well, my V1 started alerting to Ka in the front, just a quick few blips then nothing.

I had turned ka guard off again cause I'm still experimenting, and saw quickly he had some RD on the dash, pointing to the sky, and looking like a Vulcan's personal sex toy, I thought, cobra...

Well sure enough as I got closer the alerts increased in strength intermittently, almost to the point where it was going full bore ka alert.

Once I identified the supposed threat, I dumped the clutch and tossed around him. Well this came into a childish game of cat/mouse.

I took full advantage of this turning Ka guard on/off, different modes etc. It was really great to see how it all works. Secondly, the arrows would just go from front, side back and reverse as we went back and forth in the passing game.

It was certainly a fun time for me of course, till I got another bogey on ka, from behind, I quit screwing around and slowed down. And sure enough.... a minute or a little less, a state police cruiser comes up from behind just trolling in the fast lane. Sees the SI still zoomin through traffic, and decides to tail him for a few till he must have saw him and slowed down, then the trooper got off the next exit and so did I.

I absolutely love my V1 now and so glad I got the arrows now!

Banned

Default Re: Effing cobra users

Boost is your friend. Only one person passes...

Experienced

If you really want to have fun grab yourself a Bushnell Speed Gun.

Old Timer

lol cobras

snoopyc4

Damn, the ricer didn't get pulled over.

Moral of the story, turn Ka guard back on. When you get a Ka alert, you want to have that sureness that it is in fact a LEO and not some sh*tty Cobra.

Advanced Member

What is a masshole? A large area with nothing in it?

Banned

Oh there's lots in Mass... more massholes...

I was looking at a bushnell gun but the local wallyworld doesn't sell them.

And sadly, no the ricer did not get pulled over. Ka guard is back on sadly.

Professional

[QUOTE=kaotik78;667633]
    I was looking at a bushnell gun but the local wallyworld doesn't sell them.
    [QUOTE]

Bushnells are readily available on fleabay or on the website named after giant women. Get one, its fun to play with cobras in rice burners.

Speed Demon

you can go to academy sporting goods or maybe dicks sporting goods and grab a bushnell. i know for sure academy has them. (sorry for bad punction etc. im on my phone)

Banned

Ah, there is a Dicks Sporting Goods in Newington, NH but they do not carry it. I guess it's online only.

OMW home today from work, this time I got a K band false from behind that ramped up quick and got very strong. I was looking around and nada, zip, nothing. Till I saw that a Mercury SUV that had passed me had something resembling a RD under the rvm.

Whatever this thing was it was making my V1 go nuts on K band, try as I might to get away from the damn thing, it would still pick it up on 1 to two blips on all modes.

I got so miffed that I had a piece of paper and a permanent marker with me, I wrote "your radar detector sucks" and slapped it up on my window, honked, she looked over and I took off through a clear hole in the highway.

Yes it was a ARSE move on my part but it seriously went on for 20 minutes. Wonder if the STI-r would not get set off with cobra/cheap rd's so you'd know it was a false.

Bushnell