Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lead Foot

Default Re: tinted windows and V1

Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post

I lol'd. I'm kind of disappointed this was answered in here. Should have made this guy search like people are supposed to. Funny he is too lazy to put "v1 and tint" into search but he could make this thread.
    It's sad that you took the time to make that post rather than doing something productive/constructive. Great job.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTL View Post
    Well if it is non metallic, then he is fine.
    The only thing tint will do, according the VR will reduce laser falses. Unless of course, it is metallic.
    None of my cars are tinted, so I dont know anything about tint... how can I tell the difference between a metallic and non-metallic tint? Is metallic tint simply those shiny reflective tintz that ricers put on their early-90s Civic hatchbacks?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by GTdriver View Post
    Isn't MOST tint metallic?
    No idea. Some is, some isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mujjuman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraTL View Post
    Well if it is non metallic, then he is fine.
    The only thing tint will do, according the VR will reduce laser falses. Unless of course, it is metallic.
    None of my cars are tinted, so I dont know anything about tint... how can I tell the difference between a metallic and non-metallic tint? Is metallic tint simply those shiny reflective tintz that ricers put on their early-90s Civic hatchbacks?
    Check the specs for your tint. "Do some research" seems to be a recurring theme in this thread.

Lead Foot

Yeah but the research yields inconclusive results. Thanks for your help anyway.

Good Citizen

Isn't MOST tint metallic? Unless you specially get ceramic, right? I'm gonna have to re-tint my car soon, I'd like to know before I go.
    Most tint is metallic, you have make sure you get special film that is non-metallic. Usually non-metallic film is also more expensive too.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ERViper15 View Post
    Isn't MOST tint metallic? Unless you specially get ceramic, right? I'm gonna have to re-tint my car soon, I'd like to know before I go.
    Most tint is metallic, you have make sure you get special film that is non-metallic. Usually non-metallic film is also more expensive too.
    thank you

Good Citizen

call the tint shop and ask what type of tint they use and look it up online, imma pull the trigger monday and get my car tinted - suntek window film, carbon series nonmetallic 35 all around, no 3m unfortunately.
    Last edited by tr0n; 01-22-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERViper15 View Post
    Sweet, exactly the answer I was looking for.