Default completely frustrated w/ V1 with software 3.872 vs. 3.812

So my brother just got me a new V1 with software version 3.872... I had been using his V1 which has version 3.812... Anyways, I fell in love with his v1 because it literally NEVER goes off for false alarms but only for real radar situations.

His V1 is set to factory settings (I went into program mode and checked this).

Anyways, the new V1 i just got with 3.872 is UNBEARABLE because it goes off constantly with false alarms. I reprogrammed it by looking at this URL: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...h-newbies.html

but even after reprogramming it, it still is NOTHING like the older V1 that I have with software 3.812... I also turned off the "X" detector because I live in California.

Does anyone know why the newer one I just got with newer software is so much different than the older one and how I can possibly fix this?

Please help!!

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by gary1580 View Post
    So my brother just got me a new V1 with software version 3.872... I had been using his V1 which has version 3.812... Anyways, I fell in love with his v1 because it literally NEVER goes off for false alarms but only for real radar situations.

His V1 is set to factory settings (I went into program mode and checked this).

Anyways, the new V1 i just got with 3.872 is UNBEARABLE because it goes off constantly with false alarms. I reprogrammed it by looking at this URL: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...h-newbies.html

but even after reprogramming it, it still is NOTHING like the older V1 that I have with software 3.812... I also turned off the "X" detector because I live in California.

Does anyone know why the newer one I just got with newer software is so much different than the older one and how I can possibly fix this?

Please help!!
    Did california recently install tsr k band traffic monitors on the highway (like ohio)?

These aren't for speed enforcement but online traffic flow info.

If so, valentine one has a 3.873 software update for this that fixes it

Advanced Member

Default Re: completely frustrated w/ V1 with software 3.872 vs. 3.812

What to do is compaire the 2 units one at a time on say X and K band door openers, even find you a sitting Ka Leo. Check to make sure the older unit has not given up some of it's range for it maybe a weak unit. A V1 that never goes off on false alarms is a dead RD for a V1. If you live in a Metro area, sell the V1 because it is not a city RD..........

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by dizwiz24 View Post
    Did california recently install tsr k band traffic monitors on the highway (like ohio)?

source?!

BTW, for California, I simply mute K band at all strengths as a TSR (either for 3 or 30 seconds). Little L mode and minimum muted volume means only visual alerts...

Professional

I must have missed the memo, when did 3.873 come out? I do not see it in the sticky.

I've turned off X band completely and I am considering turning off K band also.... Although the V1 has detected those speed signs that say "Your Speed"... those run off of the K band.... I've only see actual cops detected on the Ka band....I have already auto muted the K band.

How does everyone feel about completely turning off the K band? Is the K band even a threat in California? Like I said, it does go off for those signs that show your speed. I live in Southern California on the coast. I use the V1 when driving in between Santa Barbara & L.A.... There are a lot of cops using their on the 101 in between Santa Barbara & Thousand Oaks but after you reach the LA Metro area, the V1 obviously becomes useless... The V1 is also a life saver when driving from LA to SF either on the 5 or the 101.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dizwiz24 View Post

source?!

BTW, for California, I simply mute K band at all strengths as a TSR (either for 3 or 30 seconds). Little L mode and minimum muted volume means only visual alerts...
    Last edited by gary1580; 07-15-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mikered30 View Post
    I must have missed the memo, when did 3.873 come out? I do not see it in the sticky.
    I don't think it did.
    New Software

Power User

The new 3.873 is out in the field for beta testing.They have not released it to the public. Very few have the 3.873

Speed Demon

Is K band still used in CA? With X and K off the V1 is as quiet as my 9500ix. I can't recall for sure if I have ever encountered a K band threat here in SoCal... Today I had the V1 on the freeway for first time and had K and KA on in mode A. It was not too chatty at all. In the city the frequent K alerts started to get old. I still have to learn how to program the auto mute k band thingy. But if K is not used I guess easy to just turn K off.