Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: 3.891 upgrade now available

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    Spoke with VR today and the 3.891 upgrade is now available. 3.864 and 3.872 units will cost $139 + shipping to upgrade. I did not inquire about older units.
    If they are charging $139 to upgrade a 3.872, does that mean there is more than just a firmware upgrade involved?

The increased K and Ka performance we are seeing may be just normal manufacturing variation, so I will not be so quick to upgrade until I see more testing. Now if someone needs the drone fix (I don't) then obviously they should go ahead and upgrade.

FWIW, I talked to a VR technician and he said there is NO performance upgrade with the 3.891, just the traffic sensor filter.

GTO_04

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by midd View Post
    How do you know for a fact that you were scammed? If VR rushed out some crap you would cry and moan about it. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. You lose in this case. Just because you bought a brand new car doesn't mean the dealership gives another for free because a newer model comes up.

Existence was probably denied because it was still being tested. Can't have certain customers complaining about some shoddy firmware.

Again stop with all of the entitlement and get over it.
    Using a new car scenario is comparing apples to oranges.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post
    Spoke with VR today and the 3.891 upgrade is now available. 3.864 and 3.872 units will cost $139 + shipping to upgrade. I did not inquire about older units.
    If they are charging $139 to upgrade a 3.872, does that mean there is more than just a firmware upgrade involved?

The increased K and Ka performance we are seeing may be just normal manufacturing variation, so I will not be so quick to upgrade until I see more testing. Now if someone needs the drone fix (I don't) then obviously they should go ahead and upgrade.

FWIW, I talked to a VR technician and he said there is NO performance upgrade with the 3.891, just the traffic sensor filter.

GTO_04
    That's what I'm talking about. TSR isn't worth 140 bucks and they never told their customer base about it. Ask the technician what the menu "L" is for. They don't know or won't say,as of a few days ago and at that time they told people that there wasn't an update.

Professional

[QUOTE=NormSky;879653][QUOTE=VanMan;879649]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Holla View Post
    5) independent testing will soon shows its superiority just like it has previous V1s (ex: with GOL's testing, it is pretty hard to justify anything other than a V1 3.872 or 3.813).
    Superior, huh? The new V1 must be VanMan approved.

UMMM--I DID not say that! Someone quoted that up wrong lol.....

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    someone needs to take apart their new 3.891 so we can compare it to previous models.
    According to VR that will void the warranty..from VR warranty info

This warranty does not apply if the serial number or housing of the product has been removed, or if the product has been subjected to physical abuse, improper installation, or modification.
    there is nothing that will show you opened it. How can they prove you opened as long as in the pictures the person covers the S/N

Professional

Plenty have been opened up~~someone will do it before this weekend is done I bet

Power User

VR is not going to admit in a performance increase. It is our job to spill the beans. But i will not pay for 140+ dollars just for a traffic filter and no performance upgrade. What have they been doing for the last 2 years? Im pretty damn sure its not all about just the TSR filter. They are not going to admit they have a Redline killer.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    VR is not going to admit in a performance increase. It is our job to spill the beans. But i will not pay for 140+ dollars just for a traffic filter and no performance upgrade. What have they been doing for the last 2 years? Im pretty damn sure its not all about just the TSR filter. They are not going to admit they have a Redline killer.
    X2 It is our job to call it a Redline Killer!

V1 Zombie

Arr my .872 is already a redline killer. You pay $500 just for the redlines stealth. imo the redline/all bell detectors are far be hide all V1’s when it comes to refinement. Save your money and be happy with what you already have and thats the best. For get the test they are just payed off moneys.

Professional

[QUOTE=rocky2;879636]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stigs Cousin View Post
    It does not make sense to me why you would not tell the consumer about your new and improved product. I work for a software company and if they even make minor changes it's goes out to all the customers and is put in the release notes. And then the salespeople use these "new features" to go sell more software. Why do they act like everything is such a big freaking secret all the time.
    It's a Mike Valentine value issue. That's what happens when the company is a one-man show.

Just for laughs, I entered my S/N in the Upgrade Advisor thing on their website last night. This unit is a 3.819 purchased in December 2004. It still reports that I have the 'latest and the greatest $$$ can buy No enhancements available apart from Euro mode for $139...'