Lead Foot

Default V1 - Laser Detector Only?

If you turn off all radar bands and radar related features on the V1, will it completely stop sweeping and thus emit no RF?

Will this prevent the V1 from causing interference with another detector?

I want to run my RX65 for a while to test it, but I do not want to give up my V1's laser detection capabilities.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1 - Laser Detector Only?

It still emits - I believe this question has been answered before, but somebody can correct me if i'm wrong on whether it does/doesn't put out interference.

Yoda of Radar

I don't pay much attention to filtering (band settings) on the V1 since they never worked to make it usable for me inside the city. From what I understand the V1 to work as mentioned above. It still looks (sweeps) but just doesn't alert you. I remember something (I think from a VR manual) saying the V1 is always at maximum sensitivity regardless of settings, but it filters what it alerts.

Regardless of all that... the V1 is (for the vast majority of cases) worthless as a device against lidar. Sure you do sometimes get scatter (on fairly crowded roads etc), but it is exceptionally rare (the cases you get it are the exceptions rather than the rule).

Sell one of the two units and put that money towards a jammer if laser is that much of a concern in your area.

Professional

I've gotten scatter on quite a few occasions, actually... Not the 90 percent plus protection you get from a jammer, but around half/half. I'd say in good hands it would reduce your risk in a meaningful way.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01 View Post
    It still emits - I believe this question has been answered before, but somebody can correct me if i'm wrong on whether it does/doesn't put out interference.
    Thank you so much for this information. My plan is now crapped. Dang. I wish Valentine could update that with software. O well.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    I don't pay much attention to filtering (band settings) on the V1 since they never worked to make it usable for me inside the city. From what I understand the V1 to work as mentioned above. It still looks (sweeps) but just doesn't alert you. I remember something (I think from a VR manual) saying the V1 is always at maximum sensitivity regardless of settings, but it filters what it alerts.

Regardless of all that... the V1 is (for the vast majority of cases) worthless as a device against lidar. Sure you do sometimes get scatter (on fairly crowded roads etc), but it is exceptionally rare (the cases you get it are the exceptions rather than the rule).

Sell one of the two units and put that money towards a jammer if laser is that much of a concern in your area.
    I disagree with vast majority of cases. I'm really saddened by this. I got a V1 that sucks on ka band and that's my main threat all over where I drive. My dream was to run the V1 low with no radar function and run my m4 rx65 on usa mode high up. O well, BUMMER.

thank you so much for the responses guys.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadr View Post
    I've gotten scatter on quite a few occasions, actually... Not the 90 percent plus protection you get from a jammer, but around half/half. I'd say in good hands it would reduce your risk in a meaningful way.
    yes. i've gotten scatter once before. And only been shot by laser one time before that. I think the laser detection of the V1 is a major + compared to other detectors (and i'm not V1 lover)