Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Getting scammed on ebay, please help

I have been using paypal/ebay for over 9 years.

I sold my V1 on ebay to someone who has been an ebayer for 3 months, I shipped it out and now the buyer is saying he received a whislter instead of a V1. He wants to ship me back this POS whislter, when I sent a Valentine 1. I have the serial # and everything. The funds are now on hold in paypal and I have no idea how to fight this guy from scamming me.

Please help, ideas, etc!

Default Re: Getting scammed on ebay, please help

Quote Originally Posted by SoulRider4Ever View Post
    I have been using paypal/ebay for over 9 years.

I sold my V1 on ebay to someone who has been an ebayer for 3 months, I shipped it out and now the buyer is saying he received a whislter instead of a V1. He wants to ship me back this POS whislter, when I sent a Valentine 1. I have the serial # and everything. The funds are now on hold in paypal and I have no idea how to fight this guy from scamming me.

Please help, ideas, etc!
    contact eBay and settle it through them, it's pretty much the only way since you used eBay. They will send you a claim form to discuss your side of the story.

Lead Foot

Call and talk with an Ebay supervisor ASAP and go from there.

Don't send email's as they are a waste of time and will likely get you no where.

Was reading about scams tonight on ebay.. About people selling diamonds and getting scammed in the process.

Here's a good read on the new scams hitting ebay.

Help, I think I'm being scammed in eBay Neighborhoods Forums in eBay Neighborhoods

Good luck.

Radar Fanatic

Ebay will help you sort it out.There are many scammers on there.

Newcomer

Keep us posted on what happens.

Radar Fanatic

What everybody said and also I would go to my paypal account and I think that you can put a hold on you money and it will go to his account to hold the money or get it back. Sorry to hear about this and I hope it work out for you but you can't delay.

Experienced

Good luck. The fact the guy is new and you've been on eBay for years is in your favor, but it's about the only thing in your favor. Ebay and Paypal have really become very slanted toward the buyer in the past few years. You can't even leave negative feedback any longer for a buyer, you have to leave positive or just shut up and take it. I'll also say this. If he paid with a credit card through Paypal, especially Amex, all he has to do is call the credit card company and say he didn't receive what he paid for, and they'll reverse the charges no matter what PayPal or Ebay does.

Advanced Member

Call the police department in both jurisdictions and attempt to file a theft report. If they don't let you file a theft report then file an incident report in both jurisdictions.

Did you send the V1 through the USPS or did you use a private agency? (ups,fed ex)

When sending things of great value its always better to use USPS instead of a private mail service. IMO
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum

Speed Demon

Well, you have the serial number to your V1, so this should prove to be solid evidence on your part. Did you buy the V1 directly from valentine? If so, they will have your V1 on record. I know the customer said he received a whistler, but there is no way for him to prove that, unless of course he's a really good scammer and already has a whistler.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by atticuss187 View Post
    Well, you have the serial number to your V1, so this should prove to be solid evidence on your part. Did you buy the V1 directly from valentine? If so, they will have your V1 on record. I know the customer said he received a whistler, but there is no way for him to prove that, unless of course he's a really good scammer and already has a whistler.
    The bigger problem is ...there is no way for him to prove he did not send the whistler!

This why having a police report may not help him in today, but down the road the first question is going to be: Did you file a police report? V1 is very good at getting stolen property back to the owner.

Basically I don't see this turning out good for him. I hope it does but with all due respect, I don't see it working out in a positive light. If the guy has a pattern then there is a chance. The odds are that he does not and he skips around doing this when he needs money or finds the right set of circumstances to do this kind of act.
    Last edited by Jstglockem; 11-16-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum