Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Die cast magnesium case???

Hello all, I was a bit disappointed when I recieved my V1 due to the plastic case. On the V1 website it says the case is made of die caste magnesium and I was excited to have a detector of such quality. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my V1, just disappointed in the cheap plastic case. Does anyone know when they switched to plastic? Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Die cast magnesium case???

You are mistaken. The black outer case of the V1 is magnesium.

Newcomer

Red face Re: Die cast magnesium case???

I apologize, KaPro. I took a small screw driver and made a tiny mark revealing a shiny surface. I could have sworn it was plastic, but am glad to know my V1 is as advertised on the website. It is quickly becoming my daily RD...sorry 9500ix.

Experienced

lol i have the latest version and it doesn't feel like plastic AT ALL... idk what you were thinking :P

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by saabturbo View Post
    lol i have the latest version and it doesn't feel like plastic AT ALL... idk what you were thinking :P
    I feel like an idiot! In my defense though, It was dark out and I had just worked a double shift. I was so excited to get it all hard wired and working that I guess I wasnt paying very good attention to the details. I was just so surprised how light it was and I assumed it was plastic. I should have never doubted the website and checked it myself before posting. Sorry guys.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj96 View Post
    I apologize, KaPro. I took a small screw driver and made a tiny mark revealing a shiny surface. I could have sworn it was plastic, but am glad to know my V1 is as advertised on the website. It is quickly becoming my daily RD...sorry 9500ix.
    No need to apologize, the V1 is light in weight but it is definitely not plastic. I believe your 9500iX is substantially heavier than the v1 is???

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saabturbo View Post
    I feel like an idiot! In my defense though, It was dark out and I had just worked a double shift. I was so excited to get it all hard wired and working that I guess I wasnt paying very good attention to the details. I was just so surprised how light it was and I assumed it was plastic. I should have never doubted the website and checked it myself before posting. Sorry guys.
    haha okay you are forgiven

Newcomer

You are correct, KaPro. My 9500ix is much heavier than the V1. After having used both detectors, I think my favorite is the V1. I was afraid it would give a lot of annoying falses, but after programing and setting the volume lever I don't notice them. Just wish there was a "V1 LIVE" lol

Newcomer

I really like the magnesium case on the V1, even thought it feels like plastic.

I never take my V1 off the windshield (upper edge by the tint band) even in the summer heat and no drop in performance or weird electrical gremlins noted.

The heat wave starts today in most of the US, so we'll see how high the temperature gets inside the car with a heat index of 110 outside!

Experienced

DON'T LEAVE IT UP!!! It WILL cause issues!!!