Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Re: RD Dilemma - new V1 vs. Max

Quiet vs Arrows..Good news is with quiet you will not spend as much time looking for LEO that may not be there. Matter of preference I suppose, both great units, in the long run I think the Max will make a person happier, no need for extra devices like V1, Max displays info all in one unit.-- If you can actually ever get one!
    Go Like Hell, You'll Get There

RedLine -- 2,5,8 On RDR Off,- X,TSR, POP, and SWS all Off
    X50 Black
    Bel Pro 300

ALP Dual

Speed Demon

maybe someone should be taking "RD Future's" on the Max

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDriver View Post
    Quiet vs Arrows..Good news is with quiet you will not spend as much time looking for LEO that may not be there. Matter of preference I suppose, both great units, in the long run I think the Max will make a person happier, no need for extra devices like V1, Max displays info all in one unit.-- If you can actually ever get one!
    The arrows can be just as quiet if people will take out the time to read all the many ways you can tune it. And what are you referring to as you will not spend as much time looking for Leo?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
    The arrows can be just as quiet if people will take out the time to read all the many ways you can tune it. And what are you referring to as you will not spend as much time looking for Leo?
    For every false alert you get there is time trying to figure out where and what it is -- If you don't get the false alert then there is no time spent to figure it out. I am in no way taking anything away from V1 but talk to anyone who has it and they can tell you it is "chatty", especially with guard off, compared to a 9500. Now if you take the 9500 quietness and pair it with the sensitivity and reactivity of a V1 you get a Max minus the arrows, but you get freq display and signal strength on the RD and don't have all kinds of other attachments and devices.

That's all I meant..But get what makes you happy and suits your situation. I myself run a RedLine and don't mind a little "chat" in order to get that raw sensitivity, I suppose that may change, depends on future testing.

X50 Black
    Bel Pro 300

ALP Dual

Newcomer

There are a lot of great videos over at the ER forum re: the Max. I still think that in many, there is an inordinate amount of time spent trying to locate the LEO. I just watched one where the V1 would have easily shown the driver that the LEO was 1st off to the side at a light, and then, coming up from behind after the driver made a left-hand turn. Instead, the driver spent minutes continuing down a road with the detectors blasting away at full alert wondering where he was. I suppose common sense might dictate the LEO was approaching from behind, but then again, on a straight road I would imagine these guys could pick up radar from silly distances if it were located toward the front, or approaching the front.

Unless I have missed any, I haven't seen any comparison with a V1, now that would be interesting. I guess we wouldn't have all the talk about the specific band frequencies but that is all new to me anyway. The thought of the V1 connect LE (I am by work an iPhone guy) that shows a "real" police signal in a "box" is all the additional info I think I would need, of course I don't know when that might be available.

Good Citizen

Maybe this is a point. Example I have x off for there's no x in most states. k alerts will unmute at 3dots or 4etc then will sound. It's not worth the fraction of a second (if it' does help) to have ka gaurd off in 6 years I think I've seen one false ka. So for people that did not have a v1 tuned like this it could be less chatty. As for the arrows rear alerts will help if you have not checked in your mirrors like you should or at night in traffic

Advanced Member

Maybe this is a point. Example I have x off for there's no x in most states. k alerts will unmute at 3dots or 4etc then will sound. It's not worth the fraction of a second (if it' does help) to have ka gaurd off in 6 years I think I've seen one false ka. So for people that did not have a v1 tuned like this it could be less chatty. As for the arrows rear alerts will help if you have not checked in your mirrors like you should or at night in traffic

Guard off helps tremendously, adding custom sweeps makes it even better with less falsing. Look at testing, it makes a big difference. I have a lot of K band here, not sure I would want anything muted, do you get an initial beep so you won't miss a weak I/O shot?

I agree the arrows would be useful..
    Last edited by TurboDriver; 07-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.

X50 Black
    Bel Pro 300

ALP Dual

I drive with traffic monitor filter on. No alerts on the highways. I would update the firmware.

Lead Foot

Guard off helps tremendously, adding custom sweeps makes it even better with less falsing. Look at testing, it makes a big difference. I have a lot of K band here, not sure I would want anything muted, do you get an initial beep so you won't miss a weak I/O shot?

I agree the arrows would be useful..
    But if you have a lot of K band falses, as in door openers like we do in my area, custom sweeps don't help at all. All the sweeps do is filter out the Cobras. If you have a lot of K band door openers the thing is still going to drive you crazy. Which is why mine sits in a desk drawer.

Speed Demon

Then you need to take a look at the iOS app and soon to be released update android app. The in the box/out the box options will allow you to mute a range of frequencies. K band is too small of a range to set up custom sweeps. However this new option will allow you to mute frequencies that are not true radar. For instance my town runs MPH Python K band. I can set up a profile that will mute any K band that isn't the frequency of the Python. To me, that is a great update. I'll also be able to mute the frequency of my iphone since it triggers X-band. I have to keep X-band enabled because towns and counties around me still use it.

[/QUOTE]

But if you have a lot of K band falses, as in door openers like we do in my area, custom sweeps don't help at all. All the sweeps do is filter out the Cobras. If you have a lot of K band door openers the thing is still going to drive you crazy. Which is why mine sits in a desk drawer.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by midd; 07-12-2013 at 09:49 PM.