Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default PRO-68. I've got it!!!

Hello everybody!

I'm happy now because I've finally got my new Whistler Pro-68.
    I could finish my deal with a seller that give me wrong tracking number and made delay...

And today I tested my new device
    I was driving through our city and check different signals.
    Well, I'm very glad.
    For example, we have a crossroad where are working a speed cameras. I drove perpendicular to the direction of spedcams and RD began respond about 300 meters (340 yards).
    In highway mode it shows a X-band of automatic doors too. But when I switch on even a City 1 mode all became very silent. In City 2 mode it was absolutely silent.

Well, I didn't have enough spare time to make big test but I'll try to do it after 12 days when we will drive 1300 kilometers to the sea shore.

This evening I spent to install my new RD when I wish... under the rear mirror...
    Look at photos. I like it indeed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: PRO-68. I've got it!!!

Congrats on the new RD.

The mount is a little ghetto though.

What type of car is that????

I would have tried to find a pro 78 instead of the 68.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by whistlerfan View Post
    Congrats on the new RD.
    The mount is a little ghetto though.
    Oh, thanks But what you mean "ghetto though"? Sorry, I'm russian and didn't understand it. Please, say with another words.

What type of car is that????
    I would have tried to find a pro 78 instead of the 68.
    Mmm... This is a russian car Lada 21150
    Well, I could conversation with some guys here and thay said that I won't a lot with PRO-78 because russian cops use usually K-band radars in Pulse mode. So, Pro-68 may be a good choice for the first time.

Sorry had no idea your from Russia.

Ghetto has allot of meanings.

In the sense i was referring to meant. The drilling into the mirror and mounting right off the mirror. Was a little odd from what I'm use to seeing and is typically something you would see some people on poorer sides of town do because something failed to work and thought of another way to fix it or make it stay up or work. One thing is for sure the mount will probably never come off. Normally suction cups are pretty much king on this board. Unless you go with a visor clip of sorts.
    Last edited by whistlerfan; 07-15-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Newcomer

Hmmm... another way? When I did it I thought about 2 things:
    1. I must place the RD out of direct sunlight because it may be very hot there... about 70 C (158 F)!!! So, I don't think it will be good for RD.
    2. I have two my hands and I like to do something myself. Of course, more simply go to the nearest car depot and give a some worker 20-30 dollars... But if I'll don't like my own invention I simply buy new mirror for only $15. That's all.

P.S. I've heard there is an economical crisis in USA... Or not? The same crisis is here too and I prefer to do something myself.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
    ...P.S. I've heard there is an economical crisis in USA... Or not? The same crisis is here too and I prefer to do something myself.
    Good luck!
    Welcome to the forum Magellan!

Yeah, the economy here is fairly bad. I recall hearing that Russia's stock market lost 50% of its value in just 1 day. That was a few months ago. At least Russia has strong exports.

Wow, I didn't realize that Belgorod city is fairly close to the famous city of Kursk, famous of course from WWII where the Russians kicked the pants out of the Germans in the famous Battle of Kursk. The Russian defensive strategy and deception was brilliant!

Newcomer

Yeah! Thanks a lot!
    But exactly Belgorod is a city of the First Salute in WW2. The 5th of August 1943. There was a first big victory our army against fashism.
    You can see some photos about my town here
    Last edited by Magellan; 07-15-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
    Hello everybody!

I'm happy now because I've finally got my new Whistler Pro-68.
    I could finish my deal with a seller that give me wrong tracking number and made delay...

And today I tested my new device
    I was driving through our city and check different signals.
    Well, I'm very glad.
    For example, we have a crossroad where are working a speed cameras. I drove perpendicular to the direction of spedcams and RD began respond about 300 meters (340 yards).
    In highway mode it shows a X-band of automatic doors too. But when I switch on even a City 1 mode all became very silent. In City 2 mode it was absolutely silent.

Well, I didn't have enough spare time to make big test but I'll try to do it after 12 days when we will drive 1300 kilometers to the sea shore.

This evening I spent to install my new RD when I wish... under the rear mirror...
    Look at photos. I like it indeed.

Are RD legal in Russia? How common is the use of police radar in Russia and do many drivers use RD?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Gokhos View Post
    Are RD legal in Russia?
    Well... I would say RDs are not under the law So, we can use RD but cops aren't happy when they see a RD under your windshield. Therefore, I hide it behind my rear mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokhos View Post
    How common is the use of police radar in Russia and do many drivers use RD?
    Most of all, police radars use by cops at federal highways. There is a summer time and a lot of people are going to the sea shore. This is a hot time for russian cops
    Russian radars often use an Ultra-K band. So, I always keep on a POP-mode in my RD.
    What about our drivers. Mmmm... If you live not in Moscow or S-Petersburg you will earn not so much money. And here in Russia hi-end radars cost more than $700 US. So, many drivers have to keep they money and buy cheap korean or chinese RDs. They cost under $100 US here.
    And my choice was Whistler Pro-68 that I bought new at Ebay for $100 US plus $32 for delivery. I use it only about a week but I'm very glad.
    This sunday I'm going to the health resort too and I hope my Pro-68 give me a hand in that long trip

Experienced

Sorry had no idea your from Russia.

Ghetto has allot of meanings.

In the sense i was referring to meant. The drilling into the mirror and mounting right off the mirror. Was a little odd from what I'm use to seeing and is typically something you would see some people on poorer sides of town do because something failed to work and thought of another way to fix it or make it stay up or work. One thing is for sure the mount will probably never come off. Normally suction cups are pretty much king on this board. Unless you go with a visor clip of sorts.
    I call it "ghetto rig" my dad calls it something else but I won't say it on here.