Power User

Default Funny Q/T encounter today.

I am cruising to the Supermarket with my g-friend and as we roll up to a red light I am getting k-2 alert from a speed sign down the road. We are waiting to turn left and all the sudden I hear ka band. I look and its a ka9 for a second and goes away. It does it like 4 times within 10 seconds. I am telling her I hate these ka falses yata yata yata then I see 34.7 ka 6. I was like oh crap that's a cop I look to the left, and nothing, look right and see a moto cop about a block away shooting cars as they pass him. I sat in the supermarket parking lot as my g-friend went in. I was trying all filter modes, ka norm and max etc. I was picking up ka 6-9 blast for about 1.5 seconds on average every few seconds. I was able to pick him up fine in filter 2 mode. No difference noticed from ka max and ka norm. Probably too close to notice any difference. I figure the reason I was only getting the freq showing every few shots is due to him not holding the trigger down more than a second or so each shot. I would bet this is the same guy who has been seen in DJ's videos.

Power User

Default Re: Funny Q/T encounter today.

Very nice Freebird ! at least he was trigger happy. Whistler has a bit of over kill reporting a signal.
    Last edited by Jag42; 09-08-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Power User

he was shooting so often I thought my 78se was having a seizure or something.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    he was shooting so often I thought my 78se was having a seizure or something.
    Is your 35.5 working? Was he using Stalker II?
    Last edited by Jag42; 09-08-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Power User

I was able to tail that suburban that runs 35.5 on Sat morning and its working fine. Got good forward facing range.

Power User

I was able to tail that suburban that runs 35.5 on Sat morning and its working fine. Got good forward facing range.
    Was this 34.7 gun a Stalker II?

Power User

Not sure, I didnt get closer than a block away. I was sitting in the Supermarket parking lot enjoying all of the alerts, like a junkie on a high

Power User

Not sure, I didnt get closer than a block away. I was sitting in the Supermarket parking lot enjoying all of the alerts, like a junkie on a high
    LOL....When i see Ka band its like Christmas time ! Its limited in the city by only Motocops,sheriff's,DPS,A handful of city cops converting to Ka 35.5. The rest is 80% K band and door falses. I'm glad you have your Whistler SE back in play.
    Keep us informed on 34.7 Ka.

Speed Demon
    Was in Salt Lake City, Now in Los Angeles

LOL, radar addiction. I know exactly what you mean.

Were you getting good off-axis Q/T detections?
    I guess, we can't just ignore those Ka9 alerts anymore.

Maybe that Moto Cop has been following DJ around and Q/T him. That might explain why he was seeing those Ka9 alerts on his SEs every 15-20 minutes. J/K
    Last edited by mikeslc; 09-08-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Power User

I was only a block away so I feel it was too close to give a performance opinion. I can say I was getting between ka6 and ka9 sitting at the light and he was at a 45 degree angle to my right about 1 block away. What I was impressed with was picking up his Q/T pulls even in filter 2 mode.