PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Has Questions on LE-30D Dual.

therock
05-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi Folks, Nice place you have here.
I am interested in the Lidatek mostly because of it's physical properties for my preference of installation. If indeed the Blinder is a superior product, I think the Lidatek would be so far behind as to be a real No-No to own or considered junk. I am not sold that either of them are any better than the other....yet.
I have been researching Laser Jammers. I see the Blinder is way ahead here in popularity. But I do not see any hard facts on the current Lidatek model being inferior. And from my Webb searching I noticed the latest Lidatek's have not been very public as far as being tested or reviewed. I'm sure if I missed anything I will be pointed to it here.
Perhaps I will be reporting in on one in the future. I make several 1000 mile round trip runs to Tampa from above Atlanta a year, all on I-75. See my GPS numbers below. Not my best time but the only one I have a pic of.
I currently run an 8500-X50. It has served me very well and the Laser it has protected me from was nice but pure luck. I hope I am correct in assuming the laser detection in today's Radar\\Laser units are only relying on getting a laser signal through atmospheric fragmentation and or a stray beam that was meant for another vehicle.
I look forward to participating here.
I called Lidatek today and according to them the unit does not shut down because the unit will burn up or out. The very first units did but the hardware of the models since then are completely different. I got the impression it is to help it remain stealth to the officer. And the newer units reset in 30 seconds.
I am overwhelmed by Blinder reports here. I would like to hear from some Lidatek users. Although I feel the Blinder following here may run off some Lidatek users. Hopefully some of them are no thin skinned. I'm not.

http://users.adelphia.net/~allen22/GPSNumbers.jpg

jeff d
05-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Check out this thread:
http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=615&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

JTW
05-24-2005, 08:44 PM
I am overwhelmed by Blinder reports here. I would like to hear from some Lidatek users. Although I feel the Blinder following here may run off some Lidatek users. Hopefully some of them are no thin skinned. I'm not.

The Blinder following is slowing down now that the new test videos have shown the Blinder does not jam at any distance and in any circumstance as claimed on Blinders website.

I've also heard the Lidateks burn up, even the new LE-30's, but I don't know for sure. I surely wouldn't say the Blinder is better then the lidatek after the newest test videos have rolled out.

If I were you I'd purchase the Laser Shield for your license plate and get Veil for your headlights. These two products have passed every single test. The latest Blinder tests were performed by people that aren't paid for testing.

You can read the report here:
http://www.radardetector.net/%2A%2A-Jim-%26amp%3B-Seths-Difuser-Veil-Blinder-Review-%2A%2A-1668t.php

Staton also made a great video on all these products located here:
http://www.radardetector.net/VEIL---Blinder-VS-Stalker-LZ1-GEN-III-11-May-05-1491t.php

Chris

talo
05-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Hi,
You are right that the LE30 is not very popular here. A few reasons for that I will not get into, but it is obvious if you read around the posts a bit. I often find complaints about Lidatek not opting to "show up" for testing when Speed Measurement Labs holds its test or that it has not been officially "tested". SML charges for people to participate and those charges to perform the tests are not trivial. Factor in a perception that there may be bias in some cases, I would pause about participating in such an environment too if I were Lidatek . I would argue the only objective tests atre those done by Chris or other regular users who are starting to report back from the field.

As others have (incorrectly) pointed out, the LE30 does not overheat and burnup, overheating applied to early models, not the LE30. The LE30 is programmable and you can set the time to jam, the company just defaults to 5-7 seconds since it is enough time for you to adjust speed. I know it is recommended that Blinder users "manually" shut off the blinder, so it seems rather odd people would say this "auto" is a problem. I know in Europe, this is seen as a psotive, not to mention the discrete installs. I have found alot of positive reports from BMW and other high end brand forums.

I will be testing a dual transponder LE30 in a Artic Silver Saab 9-2x once I can get a LIDAR gun. I will post the results and methodology when I do the tests. Anyone care to lend me one? :)

happya$$
05-25-2005, 04:37 AM
No one is going to lend you one unfortunately. You must have have family and friend connections like Myself, Sethy, and TheStaton. Even though there are people on this forum that own them for obvious $$$$ reasons they will not lend them out :cry: If I was an owner of a LIDAR gun I would not lend one out either

JTW
05-25-2005, 05:04 AM
I would argue the only objective tests atre those done by Chris or other regular users who are starting to report back from the field.

What a compliment. Thanks man.

Chris

Crash
05-25-2005, 07:19 AM
*Deleted*

JTW
05-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Hopefully Iīm not violating any board rules by posting this:

Come on Crash. You have over 100 posts and you don't know if this is against policy or not? You know you can't sell radar detectors or similar items that compete with radarbusters.com on this forum. I suggest you take it upon yourself to delete that post, otherwise the admins will do it for you.

brick
05-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Come on Crash. You have over 100 posts and you don't know if this is against policy or not? You know you can't sell radar detectors or similar items that compete with radarbusters.com on this forum. I suggest you take it upon yourself to delete that post, otherwise the admins will do it for you.

Except he can't delete your quotation of his post! :oops:

Crash
05-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Hopefully Iīm not violating any board rules by posting this:

Well, wasnīt sure about it, since it isnīt for my profit. I canīt buy it for unforeseen financial reasons so I offered it to anyone who wants to buy it for the final price. Otherwise itīs just going to get relisted. But thanks for the input. I deleted it.

Crash
05-25-2005, 08:09 AM

Except he can't delete your quotation of his post! :oops:

LOL

talo
05-25-2005, 12:33 PM
No one is going to lend you one unfortunately. You must have have family and friend connections like Myself, Sethy, and TheStaton. Even though there are people on this forum that own them for obvious $$$$ reasons they will not lend them out :cry: If I was an owner of a LIDAR gun I would not lend one out either

I wasnt serious about the request, but you never know someone may take pity on me. I will look to get one from another source. maybe chris will rent one to me.

AceFreely
05-25-2005, 12:53 PM
I wasnt serious about the request, but you never know someone may take pity on me. I will look to get one from another source. maybe chris will rent one to me.
I think Chris said that he would rent one to anyone (except RadarBoy) for $500 deposit and $50 a day or something like that...you might try to PM him.

JTW
05-25-2005, 02:43 PM
I think Chris said that he would rent one to anyone (except RadarBoy) for $500 deposit and $50 a day or something like that...you might try to PM him.

That quote was for a radar gun, not a laser gun. I don't lend out or rent out my laser guns because they are multi-thousand dollar units that I can't afford getting busted.

On the other hand I do rent out a consumer grade speed laser gun that uses the same technology to acquire a speed, but if doesn't have error trapping or audio "quality chirps."

Chris

AceFreely
05-25-2005, 03:06 PM
That quote was for a radar gun, not a laser gun. I don't lend out or rent out my laser guns because they are multi-thousand dollar units that I can't afford getting busted.

On the other hand I do rent out a consumer grade speed laser gun that uses the same technology to acquire a speed, but if doesn't have error trapping or audio "quality chirps."

Chris
Doh, sorry Chris, I remember now.
Would the consumer grade laser be as effective for testing the effectiveness of Veil and Blinder?

Hessen
05-25-2005, 03:29 PM
I just wish someone would do an indepent test on the Lidatek......

The small transponders are very appealing....and Lidatek seems to be very popular in Europe.

It's odd.....we North Americans embrace the Bilnder made in Europe and ignore Lidatek made in the USA...... :shock:

Crash
05-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I just wish someone would do an indepent test on the Lidatek......

The small transponders are very appealing....and Lidatek seems to be very popular in Europe.

It's odd.....we North Americans embrace the Bilnder made in Europe and ignore Lidatek made in the USA...... :shock:

You know, I made the exact same statement in the thread where I battled you and happyrear. Creepy...

JTW
05-25-2005, 05:51 PM

Chris
Doh, sorry Chris, I remember now.
Would the consumer grade laser be as effective for testing the effectiveness of Veil and Blinder?

Yes, the blinder does detect and transmit a jamming pulse train for this gun, just like any other police gun. This gun also sets off all radar detectors laser alert, so you can see how sensitive you laser detector is.

I love this gun! I keep it in my car to make sure the jammers are detecting laser properly before any road trip.

Chris

talo
05-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Not sure if this would be acceptable to the community if I used this to validate the LE30 though in testing. Thoughts?

brick
05-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Not sure if this would be acceptable to the community if I used this to validate the LE30 though in testing. Thoughts?

I don't think a consumer-grade lidar gun would be a great test for a jammer. They're not built with the potential for jamming in mind, so are probably easier to foil. (Possibly a lot easier.) I would only trust a test against police lidar, and preferably a Gen III gun.

talo
05-25-2005, 09:09 PM
If anyone is in the Boston area and has a LIDAR gun, let me know. We can sync up and test the LE30.

JTW
05-25-2005, 09:11 PM
If anyone lives in WA state I'll meet them for an LE-30 jammer test.

talo
05-26-2005, 09:10 PM
D/a/m/n, too bad we are on the opposite coasts.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
*BEEP*, too bad we are on the opposite coasts.Just hop on I-90 that should take you to Chris's region easily

brick
05-27-2005, 06:50 AM
*BEEP*, too bad we are on the opposite coasts.Just hop on I-90 that should take you to Chris's region easily

Yeah. Right through Ohio . :shock:

happya$$
05-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Stay FAR AWAY for my money hungry, financially hurting, Dumb governor ran (Bob Taft) state. They will bust you especially if you are out of state.