PDA

View Full Version : Interesting test...

SmaartAasSaabr
07-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Well I was cleaning out today, found a wall-hanging mirror.

Now what about a lidar jamming test where this big mirror (say 3/2 metre long, 3/4 metre wide) is fitted to the front of a car and hit with a laser. That would be very tough for the jammer... think anything could protect something THAT reflective?

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 04:46 PM
We conducted a test where we fired a laser gun into a mirror whilst driving a car towards the mirror and measured the speed of the car. I think the jammer would add enough spurios information to still confuse the gun

JTW
07-07-2005, 12:37 AM
I think a dual head LE-30 or Antilaser AL6 would jam it.

Flitsservice.nl
07-07-2005, 01:25 AM
A mirror isn't the same as a reflective licenseplate. That is because the mirror wont be exactly facing you but maybe up or down. The laserbeam would reflected into the sky then. With your licenseplate, this is retroreflective meaning that the impact angle of the beam will be reflected back into the same direction.

JTW
07-07-2005, 02:44 AM
A mirror isn't the same as a reflective licenseplate. That is because the mirror wont be exactly facing you but maybe up or down. The laserbeam would reflected into the sky then. With your licenseplate, this is retroreflective meaning that the impact angle of the beam will be reflected back into the same direction.

Great answer. I didn't even think of that.

Beeej259
07-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Does that mean driving with one of those mirror license plates you see on Benz's and BMW's is bettter since it will reflect the laser gun up and away? Maybe we can get some tests with one of those types of mirror plates