PDA

View Full Version : LI Questions

eire05
11-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Just a few Quick questions

1) Can the LI be put into permanent parking mode.
2) Can voice alerts be changed i.e change Ultralyte to 125

Reason i ask is that jammers are illegal where i am.

If yes, can this be done at present.

Is there any videos of the LI in parking mode.

TSi+WRX
11-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Ivan is reportedly working on a "permanent on" mode for the parking-warning feature, to be enabled with the reportedly upcoming (no time-frame, though) user-enabled reflash of the unit.

I'd actually like to disable the sun-interference audible warning, since that's something I don't really particularly care about, and since a lot of my daily driving occurs during the transition hours, where the position of the sun seems to cause more of these alerts.

I'd also like some way to have the LI "better" operate simultaneously with either an AL or LPP - making it so that the latter's perpetually-on parking beams do not set off the former.

But getting back to the issue of the parking warning -> I unfortunately don't have video capabilities, except for really, really short stretches (due to my old digicam being limited in this manner), but I can give you a verbal description. :oops: What happens after initial start-up, the "Welcome" voice greeting, is that within appx. 20-seconds, if there's an object placed within the line-of-sight of the sensor(s), a audible warning tone/chime (not the alert siren of a laser-hit detection) is repeated until the obstacle is no longer detected.

The distance at which the obstacle must be to elicit the warning is variable, and depends highly on the "reflectivity" of the object in-question.

Taifun
11-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Hello,

do you know why LI parking aid pariod is so short (~5 s)?

And where one could get the software to connect to the unit that is proclaimed in the manual?

Thnx!

PMoth
11-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Hello,

And where one could get the software to connect to the unit that is proclaimed in the manual?

Thnx!

Its not 5 seconds. Mine is more like 20-30 seconds.

Taifun
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Hello,

Thnx!

Its not 5 seconds. Mine is more like 20-30 seconds.

But how strange! I read that in manual, but mine works for only a few seconds.

TSi+WRX
11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm also getting appx. 20-30 seconds of "warning-enabled" time, before that function deactivates.

interceptor
11-30-2007, 04:16 PM
actualy time depends of is there anything in front of jammer or not...

glider
12-03-2007, 02:49 AM

this is not what happens to my heads.

Parking sensor is enabled only for 12-13 secs, regardless if you are close to obstacles or not (fast or slow beeps).
After 12-13 secs I get the message "parking sensors deactivated" (or something like that) even if I'm less than 1 meter from a wall.....

Is this correct or is it another issue of my sistem?

EDIT: I checked again, the time is really the same in both conditions.

Taifun
12-03-2007, 04:36 AM
Yes, I think I observed that.

BTW, should it react to a dirty white car in front of the sensors?

glider
12-03-2007, 05:38 AM

Please explain more about that. With some timing details also........

interceptor
12-04-2007, 04:19 AM
when there is nothing in front, it should say parking aid deactivated sooner... that is all...

glider
12-04-2007, 05:55 AM
when there is nothing in front, it should say parking aid deactivated sooner... that is all...

The answer I'm expecting should be, more or less, this: "without obstacle in front of heads the timeout is 10 secs, during parking time it can be as long as 30 secs."

I would like to know because this is what I see:

Parking sensor is enabled only for 12-13 secs, regardless if you are close to obstacles or not (fast or slow beeps).
After 12-13 secs I get the message "parking sensors deactivated" (or something like that) even if I'm less than 1 meter from a wall.....

as I wrote here: http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?p=341666#341666

charles charlie charles
12-04-2007, 05:57 AM

The answer I'm expecting should be, more or less, this: "without obstacle in front of heads the timeout is 10 secs, during parking time it can be as long as 30 secs."

I would like to know because this is what I see:

as I wrote here: http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?p=341666#341666

Is it really that important?

glider
12-04-2007, 06:27 AM

Yes it is!

Because if this is the correct behavior and my heads do not perform like that it means that something is wrong......

PMoth
12-04-2007, 06:54 AM

Yes it is!

Because if this is the correct behavior and my heads do not perform like that it means that something is wrong......

Your unit is absolutely fine. I just checked again. On average, I was getting 13-15 seconds. When I was driving and remembered to flip the switch on, it took a little longer in some cases??? Its not really that important to me because my jammer works flawlessly and has never given me any issues. Because I dont daily drive the car, I suspect I may never have any of the problems other members are complaining of.

dimanche_HUN
01-03-2008, 08:07 AM
I am waiting for the software to upgrade the unit with new voices. Have got any new information about the MLS webpage starting?

jwardell
01-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I have a question after watching Elvis's video. It makes an awful lot of annoying noise when starting up, including the Welcome voice. Can this be disabled? Preferably I'd love a quiet start-up mode similar to Bel RD's with nothing but a quick beep (unless a problem is detected).
Also..can we have more video of it in operation with things like this?
Are these options that might be considered in the upcoming update?
Thanks.

noTe
01-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I have a question after watching Elvis's video. It makes an awful lot of annoying noise when starting up, including the Welcome voice. Can this be disabled? Preferably I'd love a quiet start-up mode similar to Bel RD's with nothing but a quick beep (unless a problem is detected).
Also..can we have more video of it in operation with things like this?
Are these options that might be considered in the upcoming update?
Thanks.

You don't want to not hear it because then you can't verify it's working correctly. It has been snowing here and I had salt and crap on the front of the heads and didn't know it until I turned it on. I wasn't parked infront of anything and the parking senors were going off, cleaned off the sensors and solved it.

TSi+WRX
01-08-2008, 06:35 AM
^ No, no, I think you read his post the wrong way, bro. :)

I think that what he's trying to say is that he'd prefer to be able to *alter* the initial power-up "Welcome" and "Parking Sensor Deactivated" notifications - to essentially, say, make them two audible "beeps" only.

interceptor
01-09-2008, 01:38 AM
put a volume to minimum or remove jumper in CPU box to disable speeker, after that use black wire as MINUS (radio mute wire) to power up buzzer.. simple as that.. no voice, alarm only when jamming...

(also described in user manaual wit ilustrations)

jwardell
01-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I meant specifically at power-up. Of course I love the detailed voice description during an actual jam event.