Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just got my Bel RX65, anyone know if Michigan still

uses X Band? I'd like to turn it off thinking it might eliminate some false alarms going by shopping plaza's, etc.. Also, just curious what all you rx65 users have your settings on? I think tech display is cool, love seeing a number instead of a graph. Pop is also turned off. Any recommendations would be great! I just had my car broken into and they stole my vector. This one is much nicer and the mute on the adapter rocks.

Thanks!

Professional

I've heard around here from other Michigan users that parts still do. but let them chime in and tell you exactly were

thanks!

Good Citizen

I think you will love the RX 65. It is not the best looking in my opinion, but it is a great RD. It is my daily driver. I always use mine on Hwy though. For some reason on the Autoscan it filters to much. Unlike the X50 which I always used the Autoscan. Just my thoughts...

Advanced Member

Hey hockster, I'm in southern Livingston county, and I drive mostly in southeast Michigan. I've never encountered X-Band in Michigan in the 8 years I've been here.

BUT, I still run with X-Band on

Experienced

I'm in Northville, MI (suburb near Detroit) split between Oakland and Wayne County. I can tell you that I've also never seen X-band used by LEOs in this region.

Experienced

Ive encountered X band radar on red arrow highway a couple of years ago in town of Bridgman and sawyer from leo's. But dont know status today.

thanks everyone for your responses! I figured as much... I'm leaving it off. I did experience something VERY odd this morning. I have mine on autoscan and tech mode. I was driving down 8 mile in Northville which I get to do for 30 more years until I retire. I know where a speedtrap is since I see him every single day and my radar didn't even start flashing 1 on the K band until I was 30 feet away from him. It's not like he did an instant on. So as I drive by him and laugh at his ego based job, tech mode only went to 3 and died down to nothing.

Is tech mode less sensitive?? Or is techmode uisng autoscan less sensitive? I had a vector before this rx65 and always used autoscan. Granted it picked up every shopping center and highway cams, but I always had plenty of warning with this special doughnut eating cop.

I'm switching it back to normal mode instead of tech and will see if makes a diff. I want to return the radar if you guys feel it might be defective.

Professional

tech mode won't affect it at all, autoscan may have filtered it out a bit. it sounds like instant on to me personally but i was not there so...

Experienced

I don't think tech mode affects sensitivity at all. It could be that Autoscan may be filtering K-band as well. I would just use Highway mode with X disabled.