Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Sti 33.8 What to Do??????

Ok What do I do. I have a Sti, and I have NEVER encountered a problem detecting 33.8.

That being said I encounter a lot of 33.8 in my travels. I have always gotten excellent warning BUT All this 33.8 talk has got me paranoid...........

In fact if it was not for my 100% respect for the GOL, I would not believe that there is a 33.8 issue with the STi, from the performance I recive from my RD.

I'm going to Europe for September, so being without my RD is a non issue.

Do I send it in for the upgrade, or leave well enough alone. ( If it ain't broke don't fix it)

Thanks

Advanced Member

Send it... I'm holding on to my A2 since its out of warranty but I'm sending my kids in bought Dec last year.

Quote Originally Posted by spankyaf
    Send it... I'm holding on to my A2 since its out of warranty but I'm sending my kids in bought Dec last year.
    i'd see if you could send your other one as well... i didn't even have my serial number on me to give them when i called bel CS. i'd say its worth a shot, nothing to lose.

@ thehorn, the newest firmware also apparently improves the display's autodimming. generally speaking, who knows what else it does in addition? i didn't have my detector long enough to see if it had the 33.8 issue or not, but i just thought i'd send it in anyway.

that said, if you're already 100% happy, i agree, i would think 2x before changing anything about it

Professional

I say send it in as long as its the A4M9 branch. Many people say it has improved other ka-band detection ranges.

Default Re: Sti 33.8 What to Do??????

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    Ok What do I do. I have a Sti, and I have NEVER encountered a problem detecting 33.8.

That being said I encounter a lot of 33.8 in my travels. I have always gotten excellent warning BUT All this 33.8 talk has got me paranoid...........

In fact if it was not for my 100% respect for the GOL, I would not believe that there is a 33.8 issue with the STi, from the performance I recive from my RD.

I'm going to Europe for September, so being without my RD is a non issue.

Do I send it in for the upgrade, or leave well enough alone. ( If it ain't broke don't fix it)

Thanks
    Hi thehorn13,

Definitely send it in for the 33.8 bugfix, since I think that they have made a lot of other changes to the firmware code as well. See my thread:

The STi's new firmware flash for the 33.8 bug...

I know for a fact that my STi is the exact same unit, both externally and internally, yet it has better performance across the board after being flashed with the bugfix. Ship your STi to them insured, drop it off at the post office and get a receipt that it has been received by the USPS, and hang on to the receipt until you get your STi back from Bel.

Best Regards,

--Michael

Yoda of Radar

Send it to me Horn, I'll test it out for you. :wink:

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Screw that :!:

You'll just trade it in on a Bucket of KFC and a case of King Cobra......... :P

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Screw that :!:

You'll just trade it in on a Bucket of KFC and a case of King Cobra......... :P

:x :x :x

Power User

Default Re: Sti 33.8 What to Do??????

Quote Originally Posted by "the horn13

Thanks
    Why not let jimbonzz test it. Who knows, it might be working properly.

Advanced Member

I have sent it in for the upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback............. :wink: