Default My V-995 Purchase

Hi all,
    This is my first post here and I just wanted to say thanks for all the info here. I have been reading all weekend and trying to decide which RD to buy. I was going to order a V955 on line, but I found what I thought to be a good deal on the V995.

Incase anyone else is looking for a Beltronics RD, Circuit City has them all on sale ONLINE only. They have the 955 for $149 and the 995 for $199. I decided to jump up to the 995 for that price. I figured $100 off was a good deal. And $200 was my limit to spend on a RD.

I bought it online but you can choose to pick it up in the closest store, which I did. So I didn't have to mess with shipping or anything and I have it the same day.

I hope I will like the 995, I haven't even open the box yet.... I wanted to post here first incase someone else was looking to buy.

This is my 1st Radar Detector!

Dale - Mesa, Arizona

Professional

Congrats on your 995. $199 is a fantastic deal. I think you will find it to be an excellent detector.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVector
    Congrats on your 995. $199 is a fantastic deal. I think you will find it to be an excellent detector.
    Thanks!! I'm looking forward to using it. Just an FYI, I checked and it says its ver 6.3 so I assume its a M4? Not that I really care, I doubt as a new user that I could tell the diff.

Dale

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by fly5465
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVector
    Thanks!! I'm looking forward to using it. Just an FYI, I checked and it says its ver 6.3 so I assume its a M4? Not that I really care, I doubt as a new user that I could tell the diff.

Dale
    m4 it is.....Enjoy.

Newcomer

I'm trying out both the 955 (36/07) and 995 (38/07). I do like the cord of the 995 better and being able to completely disable X band since there's no X band in Vegas (except the door openers,..), there is definitely POP around here so that stays on. I don't use tech mode since I prefer the ramp up of the strength signal bar dots and the voltage meter is nice but really not a necessity. I do like the black color of the 955 more. I'm really not fond of that grey color. Even the packaging box of the 955 looks more colorful and happy. The 995 looks kind of sad in that grey colored box and housing. LOL I know, I'm crazy even mentioning it but it's something I notice :-). Maybe it'll grow on me since it's just a cosmetic thing. I have to say they are both extremely quiet in the city. I do get an occasional K band 1-2 dots alert from the local door openers, but every time at the same location so I already know where to expect it but in the area where I drive the most I get 1 K band alert and it's at the UPS store next to Bank of America. They are both equally bright which is great since it's always sunny around here. The speaker sound is loud. Excellent when I drive convertible. Nothing to complain about. I do have a feeling the 995 gets much hotter as the 955. Maybe it's just in my mind I don't know. Will definitely do some more testing.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by max-s
    I'm trying out both the 955 (36/07) and 995 (38/07). I do like the cord of the 995 better and being able to completely disable X band since there's no X band in Vegas (except the door openers,..), there is definitely POP around here so that stays on. I don't use tech mode since I prefer the ramp up of the strength signal bar dots and the voltage meter is nice but really not a necessity. I do like the black color of the 955 more. I'm really not fond of that grey color. Even the packaging box of the 955 looks more colorful and happy. The 995 looks kind of sad in that grey colored box and housing. LOL I know, I'm crazy even mentioning it but it's something I notice :-). Maybe it'll grow on me since it's just a cosmetic thing. I have to say they are both extremely quiet in the city. I do get an occasional K band 1-2 dots alert from the local door openers, but every time at the same location so I already know where to expect it but in the area where I drive the most I get 1 K band alert and it's at the UPS store next to Bank of America. They are both equally bright which is great since it's always sunny around here. The speaker sound is loud. Excellent when I drive convertible. Nothing to complain about. I do have a feeling the 995 gets much hotter as the 955. Maybe it's just in my mind I don't know. Will definitely do some more testing.
    I like the grey body on the 995 over the standard black. It compliments the interior of my vehicle perfectly, which is black and metallic grey as well.

Personally I like the additional features of the 995 over the lower Vector's as well. Shutting down X band in my home area is a huge plus.