Professional

Default Beltronics Service Repair Review

So I got a good deal on an RX65 and it was working great until I dropped it from my waist on to the asphalt. After that, it was falseing like crazy on every band continually. If would not get off the full alert tone more than 5 seconds. So I called up Bel and sent the unit in for $59.99.

2 weeks later from when I mailed it, I got the unit back. It came with a brand new cigarette smart power cord with the switch in blue to match my detector. They also included a new windshield mount with 2 pairs of suction cups. I was surprised to find this included being they sell the cord alone for $30.

Also included was a service report filled out by the technician. It says the antenna was "changed". I know my unit was older (3.6 or something like that maybe) and probably had the older antenna, but I thought I had read on the forum they don't change out the antenna when sent in for service? Maybe it was damaged in the drop. They also "upgraded the software and calibrated the unit". One thing I noticed though, the procedure to check the version and reset no longer works. It doesn't do anything that I can tell and I cant check what version it is running.

They also fixed the windshield button release. It was a little weak and sometimes didn't hold on to the mount.

Anyway, that was brief review about what they did. I was hesitant to spend $60 for the service, but with the extras and the work they did, I feel like it was a fair price.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Beltronics Service Repair Review

Quote Originally Posted by maxima lover View Post
    So I got a good deal on an RX65 and it was working great until I dropped it from my waist on to the asphalt. After that, it was falseing like crazy on every band continually. If would not get off the full alert tone more than 5 seconds. So I called up Bel and sent the unit in for $59.99.

2 weeks later from when I mailed it, I got the unit back. It came with a brand new cigarette smart power cord with the switch in blue to match my detector. They also included a new windshield mount with 2 pairs of suction cups. I was surprised to find this included being they sell the cord alone for $30.

Also included was a service report filled out by the technician. It says the antenna was "changed". I know my unit was older (3.6 or something like that maybe) and probably had the older antenna, but I thought I had read on the forum they don't change out the antenna when sent in for service? Maybe it was damaged in the drop. They also "upgraded the software and calibrated the unit". One thing I noticed though, the procedure to check the version and reset no longer works. It doesn't do anything that I can tell and I cant check what version it is running.

They also fixed the windshield button release. It was a little weak and sometimes didn't hold on to the mount.

Anyway, that was brief review about what they did. I was hesitant to spend $60 for the service, but with the extras and the work they did, I feel like it was a fair price.
    Because they "changed" it doesn't mean it's a different antenna, they usually have good ones (the same as what you had) on hand to "swap" out, thus an antenna "change".