Good Citizen

Default RX65 falsing KA1????????

For a few weeks now my radar dectector has falsed on Ka. It only goes up to Ka1, and only for a second. And I see no LEO. I really need someone to help me figure out what it is. It happened again today driving home from school. It was a country road, so..... I cant be driving around with this happenin. I slowed up real big. I wasnt really going fast but.... its aggravating to slow down for no reason. I recently switched from INTL to USA about a month ago. Could that be a problem?

Radar Fanatic

Normally it's other detectors that will cause that. Were you around another car when it went off out in the country?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: RX65 falsing KA1????????

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004
    For a few weeks now my radar dectector has falsed on Ka. It only goes up to Ka1, and only for a second. And I see no LEO. I really need someone to help me figure out what it is. It happened again today driving home from school. It was a country road, so..... I cant be driving around with this happenin. I slowed up real big. I wasnt really going fast but.... its aggravating to slow down for no reason. I recently switched from INTL to USA about a month ago. Could that be a problem?
    With the range on some RD's (especially the top 3) it is very possible that you can get a very weak signal... and yet see no LEO.

Were there any other cars around when this happens (especially W/RD's)?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Normally it's other detectors that will cause that. Were you around another car when it went off out in the country?
    Beat me to the punch 'Compu44'

Radar Fanatic

Same thing happens to me sometimes. I didn't pick up Ka off other detectors much in INTL mode, but I do get quite a few in USA because of the increased sensitivity.

Good Citizen

well i guess it could have been from another car. There were a couple of cars in front of me. When i got the false when I was in the city I kinda figured it was a cop with instant on down another road, but theres NO way I couldnt have seen a cop around if there was one. I use to figure that the Ka was a cop but its happenin more often now.... so its got me kinda confused. I guess I can just hope it was from another car with a radar detector. I havent seen a LEO running radar in a very long time, I'm wondering if my radar detector is working like its suppose to. I go by my usual falsing areas and it goes off where is normaly does, so I guess if it still falses where it does its alright. But I have no real proof of it working for an actual cop lately.

ES13Raven

Same thing happens to me sometimes. I didn't pick up Ka off other detectors much in INTL mode, but I do get quite a few in USA because of the increased sensitivity.
    Never happened to me, even on USA mode...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Never happened to me, even on USA mode...
    Its happened to me. That is the reason I went back to INTL mode. I hate falses especially on Ka band. After the GOL tests INTL vs. USA I might reconsider but I have become comfortable using INTL mode.

ES13Raven

NRTrackChamp2004, what firmware and hardware version of the RX65 do you have?

Good Citizen

I have a QL4G1S7 v4.5