Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Redline vs. STi?

My old Redline (sold it) was by far better than my old STi Driver (sold it). Now I have a new Redline and STi Driver, and they are almost dead even. I used to steer people away from the Driver because my old Redline beat it by a large margin. Not true with the new ones......

Power User

Looks like Beltronics has a new player to compete with the Redline. It is called the STI Magnum. According to the SML 2011 test it has the same performance as the Redline. Not sure when it will be released.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    Looks like Beltronics has a new player to compete with the Redline. It is called the STI Magnum. According to the SML 2011 test it has the same performance as the Redline. Not sure when it will be released.
    I was wondering what that was! I noticed it on the Speedzones POP test page. So that means they tested a pre-production model.

GTO_04

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    I was wondering what that was! I noticed it on the Speedzones POP test page. So that means they tested a pre-production model.

GTO_04
    All speculation but it appears they tested more then 1 pre production unit. I saw a new Whistler listed in the testing also. STI magnum had the same performance as the Redline and also was Not detected in the Spectre testing.Keeping my fingers crossed for band segmentation.

Radar Fanatic

One of the guys from NZ, I believe it was ghz1, posted something about the "magnum" awhile back. Hope it becomes a reality......

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bigalinwv View Post
    My old Redline (sold it) was by far better than my old STi Driver (sold it). Now I have a new Redline and STi Driver, and they are almost dead even. I used to steer people away from the Driver because my old Redline beat it by a large margin. Not true with the new ones......
    Thanks for clearing that up... I remember you posting that the Driver is no better than an X50 and I thought you were crazy (or I was) . My Driver outperforms my X50 by a significant margin. I really hope this "magnum" thing is real......

Speed Demon

Kinda sucks that I decided to keep the Redline. Prefer the layout of the front buttoned STi and the bands and the audible alerts are much easier to distinguish with the Bel. Band segmentation may cause buyers remorse

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Virion View Post
    Kinda sucks that I decided to keep the Redline. Prefer the layout of the front buttoned STi and the bands and the audible alerts are much easier to distinguish with the Bel. Band segmentation may cause buyers remorse
    I HATE the Bel serial killer voice, Redline's female voice is much better. For some reason the female voice gets my attention better, I guess cuz I think she's gonna nag me.......

Radar Fanatic

I don't mind the caveman voice.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    I don't mind the caveman voice.
    What about the axeman?