Good Citizen

Default Bluetooth headphone for Beltronics STI Magnum?

I live in VA and sometimes carry LEO's when I am driving my carpool. The LEO's are Federal so I am not sure if I would encounter a situation, but would like to keep it on complete dark when they are in the car and keep the front covered in my visor which I know kills the signal a bit. Don't plan on speeding much anyways....most I would bother to do is 9 over.

Saw the headphone jack and a wired earbud is ok but would prefer a bluetooth setup so that it is more stealth.

Is it possible?

Thanks
    Last edited by ukiltmybrutha; 04-28-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Default Re: Bluetooth headphone for Beltronics STI-R Magnum?

good idea. it may be possible but I am no blue tooth expert.

Good Citizen

If you have a Bluetooth transmitter with that can adapt to a 3.5mm Headphone jack, all you would need to do would be to sync your earpiece to the transmitter.

You're STI would be rather funky looking though...

Wouldn't bother anyway, if they are Federal LEO's, they probably don't give a damn about Radar Detectors being illegal in VA, where they are legal pretty much everywhere else. Ask them if they mind, and if they do, do your little bluetooth headset/stealth setup.

To give you some perspective, although it is illegal in the STATE of FL (Not counting Indian Reservations, which is Federal land), I've invited LEO's to play poker in small ($20) house games with beer and BBQ. Something I noticed was that if they refused, it was because of prior arrangements or spending time with the family. Never, EVER had one tell me, "No, that's illegal and wrong, and you better not do it."

If you approach them like a man, they'll probably be cool about it.
    Last edited by TerragonSix; 04-15-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Good Citizen

Thanks, not too worried about how it will look since it will be sitting in my visor pouch. I have heard that I will also need to get a mono to stereo converter to do this right since the output of the Magnum will be mono.

Might just say what the heck and leave the detector at it's lowest setting and let the LEOs guess what it is or maybe even stop carpooling altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by TerragonSix View Post
    If you have a Bluetooth transmitter with that can adapt to a 3.5mm Headphone jack, all you would need to do would be to sync your earpiece to the transmitter.

You're STI would be rather funky looking though...

Wouldn't bother anyway, if they are Federal LEO's, they probably don't give a damn about Radar Detectors being illegal in VA, where they are legal pretty much everywhere else. Ask them if they mind, and if they do, do your little bluetooth headset/stealth setup.

To give you some perspective, although it is illegal in the STATE of FL (Not counting Indian Reservations, which is Federal land), I've invited LEO's to play poker in small ($20) house games with beer and BBQ. Something I noticed was that if they refused, it was because of prior arrangements or spending time with the family. Never, EVER had one tell me, "No, that's illegal and wrong, and you better not do it."

If you approach them like a man, they'll probably be cool about it.

Good Citizen

Maybe even an LED at the 3.5mm jack output? Or put some stockings in front of the display like I had to do with the whistler. Smart Cord is cool but kinda bulky and alot of work to get going on 4 vehicles.