Thread: Newby guestion

Default Newby guestion

Last time I used a detector was in about 1988 when just about everything was x band, so I am not used to these new ka radars. I passed a P.O. coming towards me on a two lane with my sti driver I just accuired. The sti did not give a ka alert until I was less than 50 feet away from the car. Then it just chirped twice as I passed him and that was it. Is there something wrong with the detector or would a ka unit in hot standby cause this kind of response. If he had hit me with instant on I would expect the detector to go nuts at that range not just chirp twice. What do you think?

Street Lawyer

Default Re: Newby guestion

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper2 View Post
    Last time I used a detector was in about 1988 when just about everything was x band, so I am not used to these new ka radars. I passed a P.O. coming towards me on a two lane with my sti driver I just accuired. The sti did not give a ka alert until I was less than 50 feet away from the car. Then it just chirped twice as I passed him and that was it. Is there something wrong with the detector or would a ka unit in hot standby cause this kind of response. If he had hit me with instant on I would expect the detector to go nuts at that range not just chirp twice. What do you think?
    Could be a false, or he could have tagged someone behind you with instant on and you got the reflection signal off the car behind you - not the gun pointed at your car.