Newcomer

Default Just installed Blinder. Green/Red interior light not working

Hello forum members. This is my first post and ive enjoyed what ive learned thus far and hope to learn more from you. I just had my Blinder mx20 installed today and the green/red interior light does not light up at all. The system when turned on emmits a loud alarm for approx 2 seconds when i turn the power on. For starters the installer tapped into the fuse box to power the unit. He also hard wired my V1 in the fuse box also. I believe for the inside alarm/lights, he tapped of the power from the radar detector. Im not sure of his ground location. Any suggestions of where to start looking or if this can be a known problem sometimes for these LED's. Thanks for any light you can shead on this!! TD

Scratonicity Groupie

unless you just really really want them I'd say screw it and dont worry about it. Here's the reason, when you get hit with laser the actual encounter is usually about 10 seconds at the longest and 4 to 5 seconds the norm for me. during those seconds you are not worried about what color that LED is you are worried about adjusting your speed, and turning the blinder off

congrats on the purchase, post up some pics of your car!

Newcomer

Thank you for your thoughts!! I guess i was more wondering if this would hinder the Blinder from working? Again, i have the interior alarm working well when powering on and that is connected to the interior light thats not working?

Scratonicity Groupie

if it powers up as you say then its working 100% normal. I had the light installed on my WRX and never used it for anything. When I redid the install on the EVO I just cut the thing, put some electrical tape over so I'd have one less wire under my dash And my blinder is still kicking butt!!!

Newcomer

Thanks for the input station! Ill consider that setup after i know the Blinder is working alright. I have a few cop friends who are going to test it with me! :shock: . My only concearn is that we went to the trouble of putting the light inside my odometer.

Administrator

Default LED

Sounds like the LED is either burnt out or got broken during the install. If you ordered from us, give me your order number and I'll get another LED sent to you.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Newcomer

Thank you Roy...I did indeed purchase from you and ill give you my info by phone. Im the guy w/ the mercedes benz whom you suggested a nice spot for the 2 sensors. worked out well, thanks! Tree dude.