Default Blinder M20 - Obsolete?

Is the M20 obsolete beyond practical use? I purchased an unboxed M20 for a pretty good deal, about 50% the old retail price. Should I bother installing it? I heard it won't protect me, or is it just as good now as it was back then?

RadarBusters Associate

Default Re: Blinder M20 - Obsolete?

it's a laser jammer so it will provide a moderate amount of protection, but your best off saving up and getting an M27

I was planning on using it with an application of VEIL, I figured moderate laser prevention is better then none at all, and as long as it can give me some time to react I should be in shape. Will the M20, however, block all current LIDAR threats long enough for me to react?

Radar Fanatic

I won't use it...
    it may give you a false sense of security!!

Get the new M27....which is updateable.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I won't use it...
    it may give you a false sense of security!!

Get the new M27....which is updateable.

Can you name one gun that the M27 can jam that the M20 can jam?

The M20 will provide about the same protection as the M27 at this time. Blinder has not developed any real updates for the M27. People with Blinders are waiting for updates for the Laser Ally for 1 1/2 years now. They will always be "2 weeks away".

The problem with the M20 is it can never be updated. Someday Blinder might release real updates for the M27 for the new guns but until then, there are much better choices out there.

Radar Fanatic

how about the truspeed, trucam and a bunch of euro guns, the m20 cannot jam those. Also the m27 has tons more power. When I had the m25 ( much more power then m20) I would get PT at about 350 ft with the pl2 with the m27 its jtg in the same car and same install locations.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    how about the truspeed, trucam and a bunch of euro guns, the m20 cannot jam those. Also the m27 has tons more power. When I had the m25 ( much more power then m20) I would get PT at about 350 ft with the pl2 with the m27 its jtg in the same car and same install locations.
    Truspeed got jammed all day long with the M20s genaric algo as tested in many Houston test meets. (We had one of the first Truspeeds ever released with the anti jam software in our test group.) Euro guns? No US jammer with the US software can jam some of the Euro guns not used in the US. I was never impressed with the performance of the M25 units we tested. Random PTs were the norm. The older M20s seemed to jam better, esp the pre stealth mode M20s that were made for a short time before the LA stealth M20s hit the streets. Of couse install is everything with LED jammers.