Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Stealthcb

I have to take some better shots once it's out of the shop in June.

Old Timer

I don't have a favorite pic of my car - mainly as my photography Kung-Fu is, well, shamefully nonexistent. ops:

But so far, this has to be my favorite of all time :arrow:

That's, "Winky," my Atlantic Blue Pearl '05 Legacy 2.5GT, in the background. This picture was taken about a month ago, when I'd put my "summer" tires and rims [Fuzion ZRi, 225/40/18, preferred inflation of 40/38 PSI F/R, "hot" - currently at wear-bars, so I'm looking for new skins; rims are Prodrive PFF-7s in "Bright Flitter", 18x8, +51 offset, they're heavy, but they handle our NE-Ohio potholes, which typically aren't fixed till some time in late October (no joke), very well] back on her. As you can see by the un-settled and highly unsightly wheel-gap ops: , the car had just come off the jack. She's also quite dirty, as it had just rained a couple of days before the picture was taken.

The real reason why I wanted to put up this picture - and why it's so far my favorite picture of my car - is because of my daughter, Anna.

It wasn't my idea to dress her up as a boy for that picture, that just happened to be what the nanny put her in that AM. I guess that for the activities of the day (i.e. helping dada switch out winter/summer rims and tires), it was actually quite suitable. 8)

Yes, that's grease all over her face, fingers, and pants - and she's got my micro-torque wrench in her paws ( she'd whacked herself in the face with the full-sized torque-wrench just minutes before, and decided for herself that it was too much tool for her ).

For those of you who do not yet (or plan to, for that matter) have children, note that Johnson's Baby Shampoo is an incredibly magically powerful soap. That stuff took the grease and grime off Anna faster than when I'd scrubbed my own hands with GOJO! :shock: :!:

^ But I'll stick with GOJO. (1) I'm an Ohioan, (2) I love that orangey smell, and (3), I don't want my buddies making fun of me for "not being a man." ops:

In all seriousness, though, I'll take a better picture of my car some time soon, and post that up for the rest of y'all.

Newcomer

Professional

Im liking the black out look spyder with the bronze/gold rims.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by xXCriticizeXx
    They don't look gold to me?

Old Timer

spyder83 -

Good to see that monster! How's she doing?

BTW, don't forget to edit out your plate(s). 8)

Yoda of Radar

Just one picture? That's really hard...
    I'm going to have to go with this one:

It's my favorite shot not just because my car looks cool with the sun gleaming on it, diving into Turn 10 at Moroso...but because of that Porsche 997 behind it! That was my first weekend at the track, and I was so excited to pass such a fast car...I think that's when I knew I was really hooked on motorsports. I've been showing that picture off ever since.

Other favorites would be this one because I love how my wheels look and for the WOW factor of going so fast my antenna is bent all the way back, this one that I used to make my avatar here on the website (still trying to animate that with two other images), this one for the big nose dive under heavy braking, this one where it looks like the car is about to flip, and this one because I love how it's raining, I've got the headlights shining and the wipers going, and I'm still slamming it over the raised curbing at top speed cuz that's how I roll

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by xXCriticizeXx
    Yeah gives it an old Trans AM feel :P But what is this, the Leafs? I mean come onnnn

TSi - your kid rocks 8)

Old Timer

ops: Thanks, SAS.

---

JDS - I like the rain shot, too. 8) The droplets of water coming off your car and tires makes the detail all that much more interesting in that particular shot of your ride.

Who took your rolling shots?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX
    JDS - I like the rain shot, too. 8) The droplets of water coming off your car and tires makes the detail all that much more interesting in that particular shot of your ride.

Who took your rolling shots?
    I know...I think my car is saying "Wheeeee!!!" in that shot

They were taken by Henry Kowalski of Colour Tech South. He's really great...he comes to most of the PBOC and PCA events and makes us all look good. I'm waiting for him to send me the pictures of the latest event where I was driving the 968 at Sebring, I want to upload those too. If you're ever at a track event and CTS is there, make sure to drop by their tent and check them out.