GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Sorry Now this looks 9999999999999x better :P

^ Well, since they're related.....

I'm actually very, very partial to the Superamerica..... I don't know why, but I just love how that particular drop-top looks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMGSTI
    ^ Is that your Genome canister? Sweet.....

I honestly thought about importing a set of the specific-to-LGT ones for my ride, but chickened-out because I thought they looked too huge.... ops: Irony is that I ended up with a set of Blitz NurSpec Touring canisters - and those suckers are probably even "bigger" than the Genome ones.

Good Citizen

^ yeah thats my exhaust, any clips of your lgt?

Old Timer

^ Nice.....

There are days that come and go where I do wish I had just bitten the bullet and went with the Genomes. It would have preserved a more "authentic" look to the LGT, but like I said, at the time, I was in total denial about the level of "JDM-nes" that I wanted to present with this vehicle. At one point, I had wanted to "go-Euro" with the look, pursuing dual-outlet canisters (making it a total of four exiting the rear), decklid wing, etc.

I don't know exactly what made me decide against that. Perhaps it's a bit of that I didn't want my vehicle to emulate, too much, something that it clearly was not.

It seems that as the days go on, I like to add small and subtle pieces of "JDM-ness" to her, without stepping over the line and getting too aggressive (since, truly, this is my "family car"). With the big canisters that I now sport, it really was a case of ops: irony in-hindsight.

As for the vid:

Unfortunately, no, I'm technologically retarded. ops: No vid clips. I had one that I wanted to upload to my friend's LGT media page, but I never got out to re-do it to make it look better (the sound was nice, but it was literally shot from "under the vehicle" ROFL!).

Once I get it up, I'll definitely link you to it.

The Blitz Touring canisters sound nothing like their Race cousins. I'm sure that in the STi community, you've heard plenty of the NurSpec Race canisters on various rides, and can attest to the fact that they're one of the louder ones. The Touring canisters are markedly quieter - I still have quite a bit of bass-boom down low, and the vehicle, even at-idle, will embarrassingly set off car-alarms ops: , but once she gets into the 2.5K to 3K RMP territory, from in-cabin, the sound level is near-stock (LGT) quiet. The latter was a concession for the wifey.

Downstream of the factory 3rd cat (the only one I have left, again a concession for my wife's comfort), I've mated them to a Lachute Y, with a monster of an upstream Magnaflow resonator to further mellow things out.

The Lachute Y is a large-diameter piece, and I am certain that it very much out-flows my stock Y-section. However, my canisters are stock-piping compatible, so they not only neck-down, but also neck at a smaller diameter. Undoubtedly, these factors do restrict flow a bit, as compared to more "straight-through" systems such as the GReddy EVO2 for the LGT.

This is further evident as with most of the straighter-through systems, there's quite a bit of left-side exhaust preference. With my setup, there's a low-volume RIGHT side preference that equalizes out only at higher flow rates.

Sigh....what we do for our significant other.

Good Citizen

lol, you can set of car alarms at idle? :shock:

mine is ricey at high rpm, lol

But yeah I totally agree with the smaller classier canisters, sometimes I wish I would have gotten a cobb axle back. But I really like the genome, plus its kinda rare(atleast the jdm version :wink: )

Good Citizen

mmk searching through the 6k+ pictures, I have found some more of my favs.

:shock: lol

all for now

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMGSTI
    lol, you can set of car alarms at idle? :shock:
    Surprisingly, yes......

I was quite shocked at this, too - and embarrassed.

It truly wasn't something that I'd pursued.

I truly and sincerely hope it's because it's the drivers' setting up their vehicle's shock-sensors to be way, way too sensitive that's causing the issue for me. There's 3 cars in the work garage, that I've identified, to which this happens, so I'm hoping that this is indeed the case, but yes, at-idle, this set of canisters is strangely boomy.

mine is ricey at high rpm, lol
    I wish I could ramp-up the noise on mine - but the wifey would kill me!

But yeah I totally agree with the smaller classier canisters, sometimes I wish I would have gotten a cobb axle back. But I really like the genome, plus its kinda rare(atleast the jdm version :wink: )
    ^ Totally, the JDMs are a rare-sight here, Stateside.

BTW, I *love* your Brembo close-up. I don't know if you did it intentionally, but the specks of brake-dust on the spokes of your rims are particularly appealing to me, visually, offset against the super-clean caliper.

Speed Demon

Gee that STi looks the business doesn't it

Form devoted to function... and a lot prettier than a V1 to boot

Good Citizen

Thanks, she's at the dealer right now though

some pics of the loner

pretty nice ride :wink:

Old Timer

^ Whoa.....

I need to take my car down to your dealership.....

They handed you that as a loaner!? Nice!