Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default VVME HID Lights are here!!

so I just got the HID retrofit kit, it looks good. Feels high quality and the ballasts are nice and heavy, no light weight stuff. The only thing I have noticed is that one of the bulbs has a small air bubble that was made when the glass was cast. I have no idea what effect that will have on bulb life but they are fairly cheap so if it does pop I can get two more and have an extra one. Here are pictures:

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: VVME HID Lights are here!!

Looks like everyone in Michigan is gonna have to start wearing these again...

even at night!

Radar Fanatic

well they are only 4300 degrees so they are white with a little yellow like halogen lights and they are only 35 watts (no 55 like most people buy), I am also going to readjust my headlights after I install them to make sure everything is just right. I have an article on how to properly adjust your headlights without special tools, I'll attach it for people to read and keep just in case they need it. I hate glare just like everyone else does so adjusting the headlights is essential to make it right.

Yoda of Radar

^^^

Yeah, I was just kidding at any rate... I wish I had the money to afford some extras like that.

Speed Demon

I have the same ones on my car and they've been working great for a couple of years now.

Radar Fanatic

good to hear, how do they look, any glare or anything?

I did some research on the bulbs and found out that they are made by the only company in China that also makes the HID bulbs for Phillips and the same thing goes for the ballasts, so I would imagine they should be good quality.

Power User

Just wondering, are you going to have to modify your lights or anything or are they plug-n-play?

I don't really understand what all is involved in it.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    good to hear, how do they look, any glare or anything?

I did some research on the bulbs and found out that they are made by the only company in China that also makes the HID bulbs for Phillips and the same thing goes for the ballasts, so I would imagine they should be good quality.
    Yeah, the quality seemed pretty good to me. The glare really depends on your headlights. My car came with halogen bulbs but still has the projector housing... so glare wasn't an issue. The light distribution isn't exactly the same for OEM HIDs, but that's because the projectors are a bit different between the OEM halogen headlights and the OEM HID headlights.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the results and it was well worth the 50 bucks I paid for them. I'm glad they've lasted a while too... b/c it's a HUGE pain to replace headlights on my car.

Radar Fanatic

plug and play, my car takes the 9006 bulb, so I ordered the 9006 bulb kit, and the new bulb snaps into the headlight just like the original one did. There are a few reasons why I chose the kit I did. First off 4300K looks just like normal headlights, so no blue tint or anything to draw leo attention, the 4300K bulbs also put out the most light (3200 lumen vs 1000 lumen for the normal halogen bulbs) and lastly the 35W kit should keep the glare down because you are not driving the bulbs hotter (with more voltage).

Also the 35W kit is safe to use the original wires from the original headlights for a power source. I guess, because people have so many questions I will post a picture how-to tomorrow when I install them, but it is all plug and play, no splicing wires or anything.

Old Timer

Since I don't see a relay, I'm guessing they're not bi-xenon. They're usually marketed as plug and play, though it's never a bad idea to use a relay (another 15-20 dollars.) Just disconnect your bulbs, and plug those in. Just need a place to mount the ballasts.