Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Re: Dodge Charger Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    I had that blue cobra handheld. It was just as useful as something else cobra makes.
    care to be more specific?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tsugsr View Post
    Are yall talking about the Uniden 520XL? I was looking to get a handheld, but after reading yalls info on them, i looked into this one, which is a good bit cheaper!
    Yes, some of the guys were suggesting a variety of CBs, I'm sticking with the handheld for at least a month or two to give it its fair share of testing. I don't think anyone has tried one of these with a similar antenna so it'll be valuable to the community to see the limits of the handheld.
    Agreed! I just wish you could do your testing before next week, I got a road trip to go on and would like a CB as an extra countermeasure. Oh well, good luck with the car, Its gonna be nice! Oh, and go with bronze wheels, bronze or gunmetal on a black car is

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by tsugsr View Post
    Agreed! I just wish you could do your testing before next week, I got a road trip to go on and would like a CB as an extra countermeasure. Oh well, good luck with the car, Its gonna be nice! Oh, and go with bronze wheels, bronze or gunmetal on a black car is
    I wish I could also but we're so far out on the electrical work. I'm about ready for this build to be done but there's still a fair share of parts to get and even more work to do

Power User

I had that blue cobra handheld. It was just as useful as something else cobra makes.
    care to be more specific?
    It was like the detector. I couldn't receive very well and it doesn't transmit very far. It had that antenna that turns blue when you tried to talk. IMO that antenna is too short and you lose a lot of range. I took it to a CB shop to see if they wanted to sell it and the guy laughed.

Banned

It was like the detector. I couldn't receive very well and it doesn't transmit very far. It had that antenna that turns blue when you tried to talk. IMO that antenna is too short and you lose a lot of range. I took it to a CB shop to see if they wanted to sell it and the guy laughed.
    Man, that is one of those situations (him laughing) where you just can't help feeling the word "sucker" is on a sign over your head. Been there myself. I do like Cobra's cheap FRS and GMRS radios... not because they are great but because I only need something cheap that can transmit a few thousand feet. Besides, I tend to lose them so its not a big loss! lol

Speed Demon

I think I'll be alright. I've got the Cobra 75wx st with the Antennex CB27 antenna with a permenant NMO trunk mount. Its a really solid antenna that should make the most out of the CB.

While Cobra make poor detectors, in my research I've found some decent reviews on their CB radios.

Lead Foot

I think I'll be alright. I've got the Cobra 75wx st with the Antennex CB27 antenna with a permenant NMO trunk mount. Its a really solid antenna that should make the most out of the CB.

While Cobra make poor detectors, in my research I've found some decent reviews on their CB radios.
    i have the cobra75 and the antenex CB27 with a trunk lip NMO mount (TMB8) and its an awesome setup. i do want an external speaker for the cobra though.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    i have the cobra75 and the antenex CB27 with a trunk lip NMO mount (TMB8) and its an awesome setup. i do want an external speaker for the cobra though.
    Glad to hear that someone else has a similar setup and is enjoying it. I've heard that the speakers on the Cobra 75 tend to go out so I'm just going to hardwire an external speaker in from the beginning.

Speed Demon

The Mopar performance TCM came in today, can't wait to get it installed. The bulk of my nitrous system also arrived, I'm just waiting on my nitrous plate, a different controller, the nano pressure system, and a solenoid mount. I'm considering having the bottle powder coated and the lines anodized black for a more stealth install. I also need to decide on a few gauges for the setup.

Power User

Another thing about the 520XL. You can run a good mic with it and it'll sound more like a big-boy radio. If you're asking for info you'll get more attention/replies if you sound like a trucker.

They can tell if you're running a weenie radio and you'll get ignored.

It's true...