Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New car soon?

Professional

Default Re: New car soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ivirovets View Post
    Both the G and the TL have dual mass flywheels that are expensive, and designed to soften the strain on the transmission from the powerful engine. They also have systems that keep the clutch feel the same until the clutch is all the way gone, which increases the risk of flywheel damage. Maybe if I buy CPO I can twist their arm into warrantying a clutch change as one of the conditions of purchase.
    I wouldn't see them as having a problem doing that. I walked off the lot paying $21,900 for a CPO 2006 5AT with 22,000 miles them paying tax title and license and me getting the electronics full coverage as well. You can get a manual for cheaper but I just couldn't find one in the area and this was a very good deal for me so I went with it. At least with Acura, they are pretty good at working with you. I didn't even bother with the infinity dealership as they are one of those places that tells you, "Ask salesman for price" so I said screw that and left. They lost any chance at the business they would have gotten from me because of that.
    Last edited by Woodscolby; 03-26-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Speed Demon

Does it have to be 6cyl? There are some good 4cyl 6mt options. Subaru wrx/sti?

Lead Foot

It doesn't have to be a 6cyl, but getting quotes for prices from several companies this is what I'm getting : TL/TSX about 130$ a month, G35 sedan 140 a month, G35 coupe 155 a month, WRX 260 a month, mazdaspeed3 280 a month, gencoupe 230 a month. soo, I guess I will pass on the "inexpensive yet high performance" cars.