Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Advanced Member

Default Re: Whatever happened to HIDs?

I had 6000's HID's in my last car, my new Challenger RT has regular lights and I like them better. I find that with the aftermarket HID's the light is too bright and concentrated that it makes it so stuff off to the sides of the road (like walking pedestrians) are actually harder to see.

Kind of like taking a picture of something when there is a very bright object in the photo, everything else goes dark
    <<--- Valentine One v3.861 --->>
    Protecting a Hemi Challenger
    Saves = 200+ -- Pharmacies Detected=9733

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    Have any of you all had issues with mosture getting to the bulbs in fog lights? I've replaced one of my bulbs 2 times now, and the same one went out again today. Although there isn't any mositure to be seen inside the casing, I don't know what else would be causing this. I'm going to seal them both thoroughly to see if that doesn't do the trick.
    I've had this problem on my rear fogs, because they are mounted so low, and rain flows back to them. I had rusting and bulb failure inside. I replaced them and made sure the rubber seal stayed moisturised with silicone grease, and had no further problems.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    Have any of you all had issues with mosture getting to the bulbs in fog lights? I've replaced one of my bulbs 2 times now, and the same one went out again today. Although there isn't any mositure to be seen inside the casing, I don't know what else would be causing this. I'm going to seal them both thoroughly to see if that doesn't do the trick.
    That has more to do with your housing than the bulbs. Also, ensure that your not transferring oils onto the bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by John_in_NC View Post
    I had 6000's HID's in my last car, my new Challenger RT has regular lights and I like them better. I find that with the aftermarket HID's the light is too bright and concentrated that it makes it so stuff off to the sides of the road (like walking pedestrians) are actually harder to see.
    Kind of like taking a picture of something when there is a very bright object in the photo, everything else goes dark
    The issue is your housing is not made to project an hid beam correctly. This is why most owners, who vehicles are not equipped with newer projector housings, choose to retrofit a projector hid setup within a reflector housing. This option yields the best possible light output, an awesome cutoff, and great peripheral illumination.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by radarrob View Post
    I just sent my headlights out for retro
    fit on my 03 vw gti 20th.using h1 bulbs
    with 4300k,cant wait to get them back and on the car.
    Who are you using? Ive been looking into sending my lights off for a retro, its just alot of money I dont have to spend right now.

Professional

I ordered my car with HIDs. Before I got my Mustang, I ordered my BMW with the Bi-Xenon Headlamps. Ever since then, I got used to really good lighting. I notice that a lot of after market kits are blinding though.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oyusan View Post
    I ordered my car with HIDs. Before I got my Mustang, I ordered my BMW with the Bi-Xenon Headlamps. Ever since then, I got used to really good lighting. I notice that a lot of after market kits are blinding though.
    Glare. Partial explaination in post 46.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Newcomer

hi in ireland we go for 6k hids as they appear like oe style lamps which is a clear light the hi intesity blue light is an mot failure over here!!