Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Default Re: Kid at my work uses a cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post
    I seen badly mounted V1s before
    You don't see the ones that are mounted well...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post
    I seen badly mounted V1s before
    You don't see the ones that are mounted well...
    BURN!!!!

Experienced

This is the Cobra ESD7000 that I have mounted in my bathroom on the mirror over my sink. Besides being a joke to myself to laugh at, it's also a constant reminder of the 1 CM mistake I made back in 2007 when I was moving from San Diego to Seattle. I stopped at a Target and bought it for $32 off the "Returned Items" shelf. I later found out why it was there. It would false to Laser about once every 30 seconds from Southern Cali to Western WA. It's been stuck to my bathroom mirror for about a year since I found it stashed away in a box in my apartment. Lesson learned.

Good Citizen

I'm glad you guys are proud of your radar detectors but for the life of me can't understand why you think you have to denigrate other detectors and the people who own them. Is it envy? <g>

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    I'm glad you guys are proud of your radar detectors but for the life of me can't understand why you think you have to denigrate other detectors and the people who own them. Is it envy? <g>
    Well I can only speak for myself but I do it simply because I am an Elitist Snob A-Hole that thinks if you're going to spend money on a tool to do a job, you should buy the best tool you can afford. Which is why I openly mock people that buy tools from Harbor Freight & Tool, then complain when their cheap Made in China tools break. I also look down on people who choose to drink crap beer like 211, Ice 800, Steel Reserve etc etc. Why even bother to drink if your not going to drink something that's delicious and made with quality ingredients, instead of that lizard piss hog swill.

In short it makes me feel good to know that I am educated elitist and have a more discerning disposition when it comes to the things I choose to fill my life with. Which is why you will never find me at a bar "Hoggin' It". I'd rather wake up alone than next to some hideous she-beast that looked 10x better last night when I was drinkin'.

And that does not make me a bad person simply because I accept and own that attitude. I dont try to hide it. I openly admit my Cobra mistake and shame. But that choice was made before I had educated myself in the field of RD's & CM's. In much the same way I made my 1 "Hoggin'" mistake 10+ years ago and learned my lesson then.
    Last edited by fatchick1o9; 04-11-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Good Citizen

You said it. Several of us agree.

Quote Originally Posted by fatchick1o9 View Post
    Well I can only speak for myself but I do it simply because I am an Elitist Snob A-Hole that thinks if you're going to spend money on a tool to do a job, you should buy the best tool you can afford. Which is why I openly mock people that buy tools from Harbor Freight & Tool, then complain when their cheap Made in China tools break. I also look down on people who choose to drink crap beer like 211, Ice 800, Steel Reserve etc etc. Why even bother to drink if your not going to drink something that's delicious and made with quality ingredients, instead of that lizard piss hog swill.

In short it makes me feel good to know that I am educated elitist and have a more discerning disposition when it comes to the things I choose to fill my life with. Which is why you will never find me at a bar "Hoggin' It". I'd rather wake up alone than next to some hideous she-beast that looked 10x better last night when I was drinkin'.

And that does not make me a bad person simply because I accept and own that attitude. I dont try to hide it. I openly admit my Cobra mistake and shame. But that choice was made before I had educated myself in the field of RD's & CM's. In much the same way I made my 1 "Hoggin'" mistake 10+ years ago and learned my lesson then.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by fatchick1o9 View Post

Just wait until you see what I put on my next car...which will be soon hopefully.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

Just wait until you see what I put on my next car...which will be soon hopefully.
    *raises eyebrow* I wonder what it could be... You're keepin' us waiting!
    I need full time work first! My contract is up in mid May and I have no idea yet what is happening after that.

Speed Demon

Have you never seen other than 'Cobra" brand detectors mounted less than optimally? I certainly have.

Goodness gracious! Bashing Cobra owners appears to have become an obsession.
    I seen a V1 mounted middle of the windshield, mounted with the angle of the glass, and it was a truck so picture that!

Experienced

It took a radar alert to convince you to slow down in a school zone?

Quote Originally Posted by man114 View Post
    Don't get me started on the Cobra Ka causing others to false. Was driving through the school zone today and get a Ka so I slow down. Turns out there is a guy in the other lane coming towards me is running a Cobra (mounted low on the dash facing upwards).
    Posted speed limit is 15, my car coasts just slightly higher than that on the slight downward slope of that road. I was probably doing 20, but I doubt they're very lenient in a school zone. Just covering my butt, have to ride the brakes to keep it at 15 through there.