Experienced

Default Anyone in Oregon....

Want to set up a laser jammer test day? I hope this is the right thread for this, I couldn't find any other place to put it. I am anxious to test my newly installed jammer, and was wondering if there would be others in the PDX metro area that would like to do the same? I do not have any guns so hopefully someone could come up with at least a couple to use. Just a day of fun testing our countermeasure efforts.

Default Re: Anyone in Oregon....

aww.. yeah im from oregon but not right this sec. jobs suck there, id help ya out! i hate those portland bmw bikers and beaverton police on hwy 26 they all use the ultralyte there easy too jam make sure u put veil g4 on 3-4 coats and no plate is the best unless you spray it w veil lightly w a cover. make sure you slow down they can get a reading up close if you dont 100 know your results on car, watch out milwaukie has a laser mobile van i heard there mean bastards.... best thing you can do is watch when there out and try to get lasered its hard they get someone less than a sec. everytime i tryd it might take you time before you ever get hit same happend w me it happens when you dont expect it good luck!
    Last edited by siRman20; 11-29-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by siRman20 View Post
    aww.. yeah im from oregon but not right this sec. jobs suck there, id help ya out! i hate those portland bmw bikers and beaverton police on hwy 26 they all use the ultralyte there easy too jam make sure u put veil g4 on 3-4 coats and no plate is the best unless you spray it w veil lightly w a cover. make sure you slow down they can get a reading up close if you dont 100 know your results on car, watch out milwaukie has a laser mobile van i heard there mean bastards.... best thing you can do is watch when there out and try to get lasered its hard they get someone less than a sec. everytime i tryd it might take you time before you ever get hit same happend w me it happens when you dont expect it good luck!
    Yeah...been here all my life. I think there are more cops than regular folks in Oregon. At least it seems like it anyway. On TV hwy just outside my house, there has been 1 state, one county and all the town clowns all working a 3 mile stretch of road all weekend. They are shooting laser and trying out all the gadgets they can get their hands on I think.

Yoda of Radar

Are the Oregon Staties still using X band?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    Are the Oregon Staties still using X band?
    Yes they are, along with all the door openers at just about every store. K, KA and pop is also used here. Turn on everything your RD has.

Stealthed Like a B-2

Damm I thought that NJ only used X. Learn something new every day

Old Timer

Oregon still uses X band regularly so always keep x band on while there. If you run into it while there, please let me know.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post
    Oregon still uses X band regularly so always keep x band on while there. If you run into it while there, please let me know.
    Oh Yeah....daily almost! Just lately I have been getting hit with I/O X. This is something new here I think. I have never seen it in the past; it's always been C/O X. I have not seen LEO's other than the State Troopers running X, either C/O, or I/O.

Experienced

ya the oregon state patrol shot me 2 times at night awhile back 4yrs ago on the highway x band i got x in the middle of the night ive never seen before nothing around w x then soon full blast w the x50 i had then the blue crown vics.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Nice to see another Oregonian.

I'd love to be able test, and retest, my Blinder install.

OSP uses EVERYthing available, including X-band. Hiway cruising in Advanced-Logic mode, or the disabling of X-band, is just asking for trouble. Various counties still use X-band, as well. My theory includes the documented decrease in X-band sensitivity of low-to-medium-end detectors, as noted in some reviews. Incorportaed small towns use K or Ka, however if the main-drag thru town is a State or County hiway, State Troopers and 'County Mounties' will troll for suckers during off-hours. In any unincorporated town that relies on the County for services, be prepared for X-band.

Advanced Logic use limited Portland and Eugene.